This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megan View Post
    Sorrano, would it be it possible to 'burn' this piece onto a cd, say from itunes or similar?
    You would need to capture it from the stream (I don't mean fishing, either ) using a program like the one highlighted. Once that is done there is nothing to prevent you from burning it to a CD. I'm not sure if iTunes would be helpful in capturing (I only use iTunes out of necessity for an iTouch so I am not too familiar with it).

This morning, Richard Strauss' Don Juan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
      You would need to capture it from the stream (I don't mean fishing, either ) using a program like the one highlighted. Once that is done there is nothing to prevent you from burning it to a CD. I'm not sure if iTunes would be helpful in capturing (I only use iTunes out of necessity for an iTouch so I am not too familiar with it).

This morning, Richard Strauss' Don Juan.
      Ah Don Juan - it's actually the only Strauss tone poen that I really love, the others well yes they have their moments, but every note of Juan is magical.
      This morning Bruckner 9 still - I don't know why but I find Bruckner a harder nut to crack than Mahler, but I'm getting there, I think!
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
        Ah Don Juan - it's actually the only Strauss tone poen that I really love, the others well yes they have their moments, but every note of Juan is magical.
        This morning Bruckner 9 still - I don't know why but I find Bruckner a harder nut to crack than Mahler, but I'm getting there, I think!
        Only recently have I warmed up at all to Don Juan, but I do love the Alpen Symphony. As for Bruckner, you cannot listen to it in the same way that you might Mahler, they are worlds apart in their concepts for the symphony. One thing I enjoy with Bruckner is listening to the changing colors and harmonies. Good luck with it.

Comment

yesterday:

Krein:
          Sonata-Fantasy for cello and piano (p.1960)
          Sonata-poem for cello and piano (p.1977)

Schubert/Liszt:
          12 Songs S.558
          12 songs S.558bis
          Die Rose S.556ii
          Lob der Tränen S.567

Van Anrooy:
          Piet Hein Rhapsody (1901)

Comment

BBC Radio 3
            11.50am Disc of the Week

BEETHOVEN: Piano sonatas op.109, 110, 111
            Alexei Lubimov (pianoforte Alois Graff 1828)
            (CD)
            🎹

Comment

[...] This morning Bruckner 9 still - I don't know why but I find Bruckner a harder nut to crack than Mahler, but I'm getting there, I think!
              Keep it up! You know, sometimes playing a different performance of the same work can offer a different vision. What performance do you have of the Bruckner Ninth?

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                Bruckner: 4th Symphony, 2nd Movement.

To Philip: The radio broadcast can be saved, but it does require a program to do so. Total Recorder can do it, but it is not free. http://www.highcriteria.com/
                Thanks for the link, Sorrano.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                  Peter, The orchestral version of Gymnopedie 1. is very nice too, but I wonder if you prefer the piano piece.
                  The orchestration would have been done by Debussy, which is kind of fitting, don't you think?

Comment

Today:

Schubert/Liszt:
                    14 Songs from Schwanengesang S.560bis

Debussy:
                    La Mer
                    Première Rapsodie (for clarinet and orchestra)
                    Children’s Corner (orch.Caplet)

Boulez:
                    Messagesquisse (1976)
                    Notations (orchestral version)

Linde
                    Violin concerto op.18 (1957/’58)

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                      The orchestration would have been done by Debussy, which is kind of fitting, don't you think?
                      Indeed - they were friends n'est-pas? I think both Debussy and Ravel had a great respect for Satie, it's a pity he hasn't been taken more seriously, but that might be his own fault - you try playing 'without batting an eyelid too much' or 'with your head between your hands'!
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Indeed - they were friends n'est-pas? I think both Debussy and Ravel had a great respect for Satie, it's a pity he hasn't been taken more seriously, but that might be his own fault - you try playing 'without batting an eyelid too much' or 'with your head between your hands'!
                        Or putting yourself in the shape of a pear. And other directions to the performer. What a man! A true eccentric, a true original! But let's not talk about half Scot, half French people anymore.

Comment

BEETHOVEN: Piano concerto no. 4
                          perfomed Emil Gilels.

Brilliantly played
                          🎹

Comment

Listening to our usual favourite Sunday programme from BBC Radio 3.

Featuring the history if The Passacaglia and was the musical form for wondering musicians in the 16th century.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01063zh

The Biber Rosary Passacaglia is absolutely wonderful !

Last edited by Megan; 04-10-2011, 12:57 PM.
                            🎹

Comment

Today:

Boulez:
                              Le Marteau sans Maitre (1954)

Dallapiccola:
                              Piccola Musica Notturna (1954)

Ligeti:
                              String quartet no.1 (1954)

Zimmermann:
                              Kontraste (1954)

Lutoslawski:
                              Concerto for orchestra (1954)

Jolivet:
                              Concerto for bassoon, strings, harp and piano (1954)

Comment

Beethoven String Quartets - "The Harp" and Opus 95 by the Italianos.
                                Also cello sonata No. 5 - Ashkenazy and Harrell.

Comment

Working...
                                X