Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A third party application to capture it". See, I said you you were an IT whizz kid. Could you express that in grunts and gestures for a neanderthal, please?

Comment

Bartok: 3 Hungarian Folktunes [BB 80A] Sz66 (1918): a) The peacock (Andante tranquillo rubato, - b) At the Jánoshida Fairground (Allegro non troppo..., - c) White Lily (Maestoso)
      (performed by the composer)

4/7 The 5th Symphony (Color Analysis)
      The Daily Beethoven

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
        "A third party application to capture it". See, I said you you were an IT whizz kid. Could you express that in grunts and gestures for a neanderthal, please?
        That means a program that is designed to "capture" and convert the streaming audio to a usable file. Does that help?

I've not done much exploration in video/audio software, so I really don't have any good ideas on that. There are others here that have, I believe.
        Last edited by Sorrano; 04-07-2011, 03:58 PM. Reason: I wasn't finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
          That means a program that is designed to "capture" and convert the streaming audio to a usable file. Does that help?
          Perfectly clear, thank you. (What did Sorrano say?) Nah, I understand. Thanks!

Comment

Coming up this evening at 19:00, on BBC Radio 3

Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra - Beethoven, Strauss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0100mxt
            Last edited by Megan; 04-07-2011, 05:14 PM.
            🎹

Comment

Erik Satie Gymnopédie No. 1

Well that seems an easy piece to play, and it is lovely and relaxing.

I must explore more.
              🎹

Comment

Now - Erik Satie Gymnopédie nº 3

Very graceful and laid back kind of easy listening, music to calm your nerves while the dentist is drilling your tooth. Just kidding! I like it.

I have a feeling that Preston would like this.
                Last edited by Megan; 04-07-2011, 08:06 PM.
                🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                  Now - Erik Satie Gymnopédie nº 3

Very graceful and laid back kind of easy playing.

I also love the simplicity of the Gnossiennes - isn't that a wonderful word?!
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                    It is an fascinating word, though had to look it up on old Wikpedia,

Gnossienne," however, was a word that did not exist before Satie used it as a title for a composition. The word appears to be derived from "gnosis"; Satie was involved in gnostic sects and movements at the time that he began to compose the Gnossiennes.[citation needed] However, some published versions claim[citation needed] that the word derives from Cretan "knossos"

From another link. http://www.explorecrete.com/Knossos/...FchO4QoduxRiCw

The first settlement in the Knossos area was established circa 7000 BC, during the Neolithic Period. The economic, social and political development of the settlement led to the construction of the majestic Palace of Knossos towards the end of the second millennium BC.

Knossos was the seat of the legendary King Minos and the main centre of power in Crete.

This first Palace was destroyed circa 1700 BC. It was rebuilt and destroyed again by fire, this time definitively, in 1350 BC. The environs of the Palace were transformed into a sacred grove of the goddess Rhea, but never inhabited again.

The Palace of Knossos is the monumental symbol of Minoan civilisation, due to its construction, use of luxury materials, architectural plan, advanced building techniques and impressive size

Thanks for drawing this to my attention.

Last edited by Megan; 04-08-2011, 06:54 AM.
                    🎹

Comment

Today:

Goedicke:
                      Ouverture dramatique opus 7 (1900s)
                      Trumpet concerto op.41 (1930)

Krein:
                      Dramatic poem for cello and piano (p.1973)

Gnesin:
                      3 Characteristic melodies to Pushkin’s “The Stone Guest” op.51 (1947)

Schubert/Liszt:
                      Die Gestirne S.562/3bis
                      Meeresstille S.557b/bis
                      Die Forelle S.563/6bis

Comment

Bruckner: 4th Symphony, 2nd Movement.

To Philip: The radio broadcast can be saved, but it does require a program to do so. Total Recorder can do it, but it is not free. http://www.highcriteria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                          Megan, your feeling is right, . Usually, I do go for slow, sustained, calming, etc. That is the first piece of Satie's I have ever listened to. I have heard some on the forum mention him in the past, though never looked into him.
                          - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Megan, your feeling is right, . Usually, I do go for slow, sustained, calming, etc. That is the first piece of Satie's I have ever listened to. I have heard some on the forum mention him in the past, though never looked into him

Same here Preston, I was pleasantly surprised. I know he has been mentioned but I never got round to listening.
                            Listening to Saite's Gymnopedie no.1, I seem to recall hearing this piece years ago in some Cigar advert on the telly, unaware that it was Satie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBhZA...eature=related
                            Last edited by Megan; 04-08-2011, 06:03 AM.
                            🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post

Peter, The orchestral version of Gymnopedie 1. is very nice too, but I wonder if you prefer the piano piece .
                              🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                                Bruckner: 4th Symphony, 2nd Movement.

To Philip: The radio broadcast can be saved, but it does require a program to do so. Total Recorder can do it, but it is not free. http://www.highcriteria.com/

Sorrano, would it be it possible to 'burn' this piece onto a cd, say from itunes or similar?
                                🎹

Comment

Working...
                                X