No announcement yet.

What Are You Listening To Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven's string quartet Op. 18 No. 3 In D Major. Beautiful...

Comment

Symphony #35 in D, "Haffner", by W.A.Mozart.
      The last movement contains one of the most exhilarating passages of music ever written.

Comment

Liszt is featured on NPR tonight!
        "A real Johann Faust lived in the 16th century and claimed that he made a deal with the devil. The story really caught hold in the 19th century. Mephistopheles drags his friend Faust to a tavern, picks up a fiddle, and entrances the audience with his playing. They'll play that fiddle solo in the orchestral version of Franz Liszt's Mephisto Waltz. Jin Wang conducts the Romanian Radio Symphony Orchestra in Bucharest".

And..."While Beethoven was working on his largest symphony -- the ninth -- he was also working on some of his shortest pieces. He called them "Bagatelles". The Gilmore Keyboard festival in Kalamazoo, Michigan, with pianist Richard Goode plays the Bagatelles numbers 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6, from Beethoven's Op. 126.

------------------
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

They'll be performing Beethoven from a concert hall just a few blocks away from Olympic Village in Turin, Italy. Music by the RAI National Orchestra. Rudolph Buchbinder is the pianist, and Rafael Fruhbeck de Burgos is the conductor in Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5, the "Emperor" Concerto.

------------------

Comment

I'm listening to Mozart's Jugendkompositionen. Such little gems.
            Liz.

Comment

Currently I am listening to the Magic Flute, performed by Haitink and the Sinfonie orchester des bayerischen rundfunks.

I think Haitink is among my favorites among currently living conductors.

Comment

The Emperor Concerto and later today the 7th.
                I am woman. Hear me roar!

Comment

Carl Nielsen String Quartets, Opus 14 and Opus 44, Naxos - Oslo String Quartet. I have many string quartets, and these are among the deepest, most well thought out. Very well worth a listen. They remind me stylistically of the Beethoven later masterpieces.

Comment

Mozart's Klavierkonzert Nr.21 "Elvira Madigan" KV467 Allegro. That's so typical Mozart for me.

------------------
                    *~Ja, was haben's da scho wieder gmacht, Beethoven?~*

Comment

Joachim Raff:
                      5th Symphony "Leonore."
                      "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hofrat:
                        Joachim Raff:
                        5th Symphony "Leonore."
                        Dear Hofrat,

I'm so glad to see someone else who's familiar with Raff. I just received a CD of his first symphony. I've only heard a couple of movements from his works on various CDs that showcase different composers, and I liked what I heard and decided to give him a try.

Regards,
                        Teresa

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa:
                          Dear Hofrat,

I'm so glad to see someone else who's familiar with Raff. I just received a CD of his first symphony. I've only heard a couple of movements from his works on various CDs that showcase different composers, and I liked what I heard and decided to give him a try.

Regards,
                          Teresa
                          Dear Teresa;

Yes, I have been hooked on Joachim Raff for some time now. I have 8 out of 11 symphonies and a few overtures. I strongly recommend him.

Hofrat

Comment

"Clarinet Concert Nr.2" Carl Maria von Weber played by the world's greatest clarinet player Sabine Meyer (EMI). I'll see her perform next tuesday in a Mozart-only concert. That's like a dream come true. I am so excited!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Anthina (edited 03-09-2006).]

Comment

Dear Anthina;

Your suggestion sent me scurrying to my modest CD collection to play the 3 clarinet concerti by Swedish composer Bernhard Henrik Crusell (1775-1838). I followed those up with his 3 clarinet quartets.

Hofrat

Comment

Schubert, Symphony No. 3 in D, Chamber Orchestra of Europe, Claudio Abbado conducting.

Comment

Working...
                                X