Copying Beethoven - Ed Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srivele:
    Update: We learned today that on appeal the British Government has reversed itself and decided that we are eligible after all. Thus, we may be able to put together a British-German co-production with the Reingold Fund in Cologne, which has expressed interest. I'll keep you posted.

Steve,
    Thankyou for keeping us updated with the project, and I am sure that all of us on the site hope and pray that your vision and determination will bring its reward.

------------------
    ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:

Steve,
      Thankyou for keeping us updated with the project, and I am sure that all of us on the site hope and pray that your vision and determination will bring its reward.

Thanks as always for the kind words and support. The people on this site are truly wonderful. The Maestro would be proud.

Comment

The American Film Market is going on in LA right now and Myriad has a Copying Beethoven display. We're hoping to raise the remainder at AFM. I'll keep you posted.

Mr. Rivele was the American Film Market interested in your project? Did that prove any progress in your filming plans?

------------------
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
          Stay tuned. I may have some good news for you.

Comment

Thanks! I'll stay tuned for sure and keep my fingers crossed!

------------------

Comment

Me too Joy.

Comment

Well, not I'm not sure now if it was in the 25th or 26th Variety. But we have more news: We have sold another foreign territory, which brings us up to 80% of our budget. The American Film Market is going on in LA right now and Myriad has a Copying Beethoven display. We're hoping to raise the remainder at AFM. I'll keep you posted.
                Wow that's awsome! thanks for sharing the news with us. May god be with you always.

Comment

Thanks! I'll stay tuned for sure and keep my fingers crossed!

It now appears that we have secured financing for the Copying Beethoven film. Pre-production starts in mid-January, with filming to begin March 1 in Budapest. I will keep you posted as the project develops.

Comment

It now appears that we have secured financing for the Copying Beethoven film. Pre-production starts in mid-January, with filming to begin March 1 in Budapest. I will keep you posted as the project develops.
                    Excellent news and good luck with the production. After all the set backs you deserve success and I very much look forward to seeing the results!

------------------
                    'Man know thyself'
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Sounds like some very good news! Incidentally, there was an article in the Sunday paper last week about Diane Kruger's new movie "National Treasure" with Nicholas Cage and in it they mention her "being off to Budapest to shoot Copying Beethoven with Ed Harris." Some excellent publicity. Good luck and thanks for keeping us so up to date on this project!!

------------------

Comment

Sounds like some very good news! Incidentally, there was an article in the Sunday paper last week about Diane Kruger's new movie "National Treasure" with Nicholas Cage and in it they mention her "being off to Budapest to shoot Copying Beethoven with Ed Harris." Some excellent publicity. Good luck and thanks for keeping us so up to date on this project!!

Thanks for the info. Which paper was it? Two items of interest for site members: a young film student (and Beethoven fan)from New Zealand wrote me asking if he could work on the film. He is now in London, and I am arranging for him to meet the line producer to discuss some sort of job on the production. Also, someone on the site suggested that we approach wealthy patrons of the arts regarding financing. We did so, and that now appears where our funding will come from. So this site is having real imput into the film. Congratulations and thanks.

Comment

Steve,
                          Budapest is a wonderful location by the river, and I am sure it will translate well on the film, I presume that Vienna may have had a bit more development that Budapest over the years and has changed a bit I suppose since Beethoven's days.

------------------

Comment

[/b]
                            Thanks for the info. Which paper was it? Two items of interest for site members: a young film student (and Beethoven fan)from New Zealand wrote me asking if he could work on the film. He is now in London, and I am arranging for him to meet the line producer to discuss some sort of job on the production. Also, someone on the site suggested that we approach wealthy patrons of the arts regarding financing. We did so, and that now appears where our funding will come from. So this site is having real imput into the film. Congratulations and thanks

[/B][/QUOTE]

It was in the 'USA Weekend' Nov. 26-28 issue in the Sun. AZ Republic paper (Phoenix). It's an entertainment magazine that comes in every Sunday issue.
                            What a great opportunity for our New Zealand fan. He must be very excited. Good for him and good luck to him!
                            By the way, I also think that was a good idea asking patrons of the arts to contribute. Glad to hear it worked out. They helped get our Symphony out of the red a couple of years ago. They're a very passionate bunch. Glad to hear things are going so well.

------------------

Comment

It was in the 'USA Weekend' Nov. 26-28 issue in the Sun. AZ Republic paper (Phoenix). It's an entertainment magazine that comes in every Sunday issue.
                              What a great opportunity for our New Zealand fan. He must be very excited. Good for him and good luck to him!
                              By the way, I also think that was a good idea asking patrons of the arts to contribute. Glad to hear it worked out. They helped get our Symphony out of the red a couple of years ago. They're a very passionate bunch. Glad to hear things are going so well.

Well, it seems our film is going into production. Ed Harris is starting to put on weight, taking piano lessons and learning how to conduct. Diane Kruger will be coming out to LA after the first of the year to begin rehearsals. I want you all to know that I have made the changes to the script which the members suggested, and will continue to keep you informed of our progress. Happy holidays to you all. And thanks as always.

Comment

Well, it seems our film is going into production. Ed Harris is starting to put on weight, taking piano lessons and learning how to conduct. Diane Kruger will be coming out to LA after the first of the year to begin rehearsals. I want you all to know that I have made the changes to the script which the members suggested, and will continue to keep you informed of our progress. Happy holidays to you all. And thanks as always.
                                Thanks for keeping us so well informed!

------------------
                                'Man know thyself'
                                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                                X