Copying Beethoven - Ed Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Immortal Beloved~:
    Wow your amazing Mr. Rivele! May god be with you.

I have a question I've been thinking...Is the movie going to come out in DVD?
    Thanks for the kind words. Yes, if we actually get the thing made and distributed, it should come out on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by srivele:
      Yes, if we actually get the thing made and distributed, it should come out on DVD.
      Oh wonderful. Can't wait to see it.

Comment

Oh wonderful. Can't wait to see it.

I will keep you informed of our progress. In fact, I'll invite all of you on the site to screenings of the film when it is done. How's that?

Comment

I will keep you informed of our progress. In fact, I'll invite all of you on the site to screenings of the film when it is done. How's that?

Thankyou very much indeed SR, I would very much like to take you up on that offer!
          I am sure that many of us on the site would be delighted, I am looking forward to Ed Harris in the title role, a very fine actor who I am sure will think himself into the role, this is going to be a very memorable Beethoven movie!

Much appreciated and every best wish with the movie. I can't wait

Amalie.

------------------
          ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~
          ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Thanks very much indeed!

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

that would be great indd..

I've been following this topic from the beginning with an evergrowing enthiousasm..what I'd like to know still is following..Will the movie *being european* be shot in countries like the czech republic..with its splendid countryside RICH culture and quite cheap prices..*which I would recommend for some aspects of filming* or rather more in germany/austria for authenticity??

Regards,
              Ruud

------------------
              Music is like Blood...vital too ones well-being

Comment

I've been watching this post ( and the old one) since it started. I'm very excited to have see a movie unfold about Beethoven. And I love Ed Harris (even though he doesn't look a thing like Beethoven) he will be great for the part. I'm curious as to who you have in mind to do the score for this film and what music of Beethoven's will you use if you have even gotten that far. And also when (and sorry if I missed it) do you plan to release this film if you have a date in mind. I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks

Heidi

Comment

In fact, I'll invite all of you on the site to screenings of the film when it is done. How's that?
                  That would be great! Thank you so much!

Comment

oh my god are you serious!??!
                    You are so humble and open-minded... this will make you a great writer! Cant wait till this film comes out!
                    Don't we feel special!? He is a celebrity!!

Comment

Originally posted by elms:
                      oh my god are you serious!??!
                      You are so humble and open-minded... this will make you a great writer! Cant wait till this film comes out!
                      Don't we feel special!? He is a celebrity!!
                      Thanks, but you'd better hold your applause until you see the film. Cheers, SR

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:
                        that would be great indd..

I've been following this topic from the beginning with an evergrowing enthiousasm..what I'd like to know still is following..Will the movie *being european* be shot in countries like the czech republic..with its splendid countryside RICH culture and quite cheap prices..*which I would recommend for some aspects of filming* or rather more in germany/austria for authenticity??

Regards,
                        Ruud

Where we shoot the film will depend on where the financing comes from. Most European funds require that you work in the funding country, so we may shoot exteriors in Prague or Berlin, with interiors in England and post-production in London. Budapest is also not out of the question for exteriors. We have to find a city that looks like Vienna in the 1820s. We should know on the 15th of this month whether we will be getting a German subsidy, so that will determine at least part of the locales. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by heidi:
                          I've been watching this post ( and the old one) since it started. I'm very excited to have see a movie unfold about Beethoven. And I love Ed Harris (even though he doesn't look a thing like Beethoven) he will be great for the part. I'm curious as to who you have in mind to do the score for this film and what music of Beethoven's will you use if you have even gotten that far. And also when (and sorry if I missed it) do you plan to release this film if you have a date in mind. I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks

Heidi
                          We don't know yet who will do the score. We want to use a European string quartet in the film (some site members have given me very good suggestions, which I will pursue), and a European orchestra for the one big concert scene (and we'll insist on period instruments, of course). But who the musical director for the film will be has not yet been determined. If the funding falls into place on schedule, we should shoot in the spring, with post in the summer, in time for a Christmas 2005 release. But there are a lot of "if's" involved. so I'll keep you informed.

Comment

That would be great! Thank you so much!

Often there are "test" screenings of a new film in various cities to generate interest and feedback. If we do those, I'll let all of you know where and when they take place, and see to it that any of you who want to go are put on the invitations list. It's the least I can do for all your wonderful input. SR

Comment

A little authentic music would be refreshing.

I am willing to suspend my disbelief as much as anyone, but seeing Holly Hunter sit down at a spinet that has been soaking in the ocean for two weeks and hearing a nine foot Steinway in perfect recording studio conditions (Not to mention how anachronistic the music was) makes me cringe.

I think audiences must respond well to musical authenticity even when they are not musically literate. I don't know much about period costumes, but I can sense when efforts have been made in this area and I appreciate them.

Comment

Often there are "test" screenings of a new film in various cities to generate interest and feedback. If we do those, I'll let all of you know where and when they take place, and see to it that any of you who want to go are put on the invitations list. It's the least I can do for all your wonderful input. SR
                                wow this is going to be fun. You are wonderful!

Comment

Working...
                                X