Mapp and Lucia- BBC comedy vintage drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapp and Lucia- BBC comedy vintage drama

Anyone been watching this? It's set in the 1930s. The two eccentrics, the above named, have a funny scene where they take out Mozart's Turkish March for 2 hands and say it looks "fwightfully" hard, and then giggle saying, "Naughty Mozart!" They manage to play it ok though!
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
    Anyone been watching this? It's set in the 1930s. The two eccentrics, the above named, have a funny scene where they take out Mozart's Turkish March for 2 hands and say it looks "fwightfully" hard, and then giggle saying, "Naughty Mozart!" They manage to play it ok though!
    Is there a link, Aeolain? I don't have a telly but maybe I'll find it on youtube.
    🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
      Is there a link, Aeolain? I don't have a telly but maybe I'll find it on youtube.
      Nor me! I watch on iplayer!

This is episode 2- you will see episode 1 underneath ( just paused it). They were playing Mozart and giggling again LOL!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ucia-episode-2

It's quite a funny drama.
      Last edited by AeolianHarp; 12-31-2014, 05:52 PM.
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Not just Mozart!

Now Lucia is into Beethoven! She has a gathering on a stormy rainy night and the villagers are gonna see her play Moonlight Sonata. One of them says:

"Beethoven and tomatoes. Yum!" not exactly in a complimentary way...lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ucia-episode-3
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I very much enjoyed watching AeolianHarp! I had a lazy day today, apart from cooking the dinner. Many thanks for the link.

I like the way Lucia turned down a request to play the first and third movement of Moonlight.
          🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
            I very much enjoyed watching AeolianHarp! I had a lazy day today, apart from cooking the dinner. Many thanks for the link.

I like the way Lucia turned down a request to play the first and third movement of Moonlight.
            LOL, we all knew she couldn't play the second and third movements! So she launched into another Mozart piece instead!
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
            X