• Show
Clear All

Oh dear!

Good grief....!!!

http://www.philosophersguild.com/Lud...e-Thinker.html
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Yeah, there's plenty of kitsch out there.

It is interesting that a lot of busts and dolls or whatever of composers always show as quite serene and as though they are untroubled by any kind of human emotion.
    Beethoven introduced the romantic idea of the great artist struggling with fate, and with the world and people not understanding the artists. So for the first time we see the anguished artists in western culture, and this gives him a nice human touch which we can all identify with.
    I mean just look at the pictures of Haydn. He was a great guy , but he always has this kind of fixed serene smile on his face, i'm not so sure people today like that kind of enlightenment know it all expression. Let's be honest, the French Revolution occurred towards the end of Haydn's life, and that's when the untroubled existence of these enlightenment people started to be upset. But Beethoven was very much of a piece with the French Revolution and the political and artistic and emotional turmoil all link up.
    I also think that Beethoven was just too honest not to admit there was a problem with the way the Revolution had led to war and all the dashing of the hopes of people like him.
    🎹

Comment

I also think that Beethoven was just too honest not to admit there was a problem with the way the Revolution had led to war and all the dashing of the hopes of people like him.
      Yes, he was.
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
      Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Working...
      X