Chat Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chat Room

I reaaly think you could use a chat room. chat room. chat room. chat room. chat room. chat room. chat room.
    Claire

You really think we need seven chat rooms, Claire?

------------------
    PDG (Peter)

Comment

Originally posted by Claire:
      I reaaly think you could use a chat room. chat room. chat room. chat room. chat room. chat room. chat room.
      Well we'll see what happens here with this post Claire - if enough people support the idea I'll certainly consider it - So who amongst our Beethovian flock would like a chat room?

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

No not seven. iwas being forceful "PGD" (?)
        I was trying to get my point across... so dont be smart with me... lol
        Claire

Comment

I think a chat room could prove to be very interesting. It would be fun to be able to chat with people instantly instead of later.
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Girls called Claire/Clare/Clair/etc. & feistiness seem to go hand in hand............LOL myself

Regarding a chat room, I oppose this motion!! The doubts expressed by Peter are echoed by me. Now, I love to talk with new people, but, practically, it just wouldn't work. First off, we'd lose the mystique of our printed efforts if everyone else knew the particular voice attached to each post. Second, although we all love Beethoven, our individual areas of interest are not entirely in common with one another's - some like to focus on the music, others on his personal life, others again on his hair(!), daughter (welcome back, Euphony!!), calorific value (sugar), etc. We don't discuss all aspects, together, all the time.

Most importantly, a chat room would detract from the contributions to these forums. Many read the posts, even if they don't contribute, & their interest in our composer would dwindle if these posts dried up.

This site is still young. I say: why not wait another year or two, & then have a re-think? Sorry, Chatterbox Claire but if you try to run before you can walk, a fall is inevitable.

If a chat room is established, then I'll be there with bells on, but, oh my....................imagine the personality clashes!!

------------------
            PDG (Peter)

Comment

Well, as far as I can tell, if you DID have a chat, it would be the only game in town for Beethovenians.

I don't know why it's so hard to add one, it may be, I don't know, but hooking up with my friends in this manner has been tough, strictly because of the time zones.

Consequently, alot of specific chat rooms are frequently empty-- except for the occassionally planned tryst.

I "chat" via email to London frequently with a person there who's at work during the afternoon, while I'm just having my morning coffee!! We are talking an 8 hour difference.

Ok, so ppl aren't exactly literary learned scholars in a chat, the discussion becomes watered down, but hey, this may be the only real time way for certain members to get to know each other better, and keep the uh,... distractions out of message boards.~

Comment

I dont know, i suppose your right leslie, the conversation does get watered down it just frustrating that when you write something that you have to wait for an answer, i prefer chat rooms myself personaly but what ever makes everyone else happy
                Claire

Comment

Dont call me a chatterbox PGD........
                  Claire

Comment

Dont call me a chatterbox PGD........
                    Only if you stop calling me PGD.

------------------
                    PDG (Peter)

Comment

I suspect this would be the level of chat room debate!

------------------
                      'Man know thyself'
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Ok lets reach a truce. I will call you your proper name if you stop calling me a chaterbox. Im very intelligent and i deserve respect im very cross with you PDG(is that right?)Your very mean, stop insutling me.....
                        Claire

Comment

Ok lets reach a truce. I will call you your proper name if you stop calling me a chaterbox. Im very intelligent and i deserve respect im very cross with you PDG(is that right?)Your very mean, stop insutling me.....
                          Whoa!! Your wording is quite strong here. I only used the word 'chatterbox' once, & it was as a pun on your multi-request for a chat room. Where have I been disrespectful? How have I insulted you? It is not my style to do these things, Claire. Please never take anything I say too personally - I usually post with a smile on my face

------------------
                          PDG (Peter)

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                            I suspect this would be the level of chat room debate!
                            And you're not helping, either!!!

------------------
                            PDG (Peter)

Comment

Ok "PDG" i am sorry im just a very angry person and i take it back, i just couldn't help feeling like you insulted me, but dont ever mind what i say i dont mean it ok, any way can we stop disagreeing now?
                              Claire

Comment

Working...
                              X