Rare page - Italian Songs a cappella WoO99/7b and WoO993b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare page - Italian Songs a cappella WoO99/7b and WoO993b

Now available to members on the rare page.
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

A fine piece. What a shame most people will never hear it, even if they love Beethoven. But, I guess that's why we have the Rare Page, after all!

Comment

I certainly agree with what it says that Beethoven being more known for his symphonies and chamber music than his vocal works. It is a shame because this piece is really quite beautiful. What a treat it is to hear pieces like this that you don't usually get to hear anywhere else.

Joy
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Wunderschön! This piece brought a smile to my face and helped me to face another gray winter day here in Heiligenstadt. Danke.

Comment

There are actually TWO pieces here, why are you all talking in the singular!? Nicely sung though. This disk was really a bargain, only £5, but crammed with unusual Beethoven stuff. I've used it many times for the rare page.

------------------
          "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
          http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:

There are actually TWO pieces here, why are you all talking in the singular!? Nicely sung though. This disk was really a bargain, only £5, but crammed with unusual Beethoven stuff. I've used it many times for the rare page.

Absolutely, I thought it was quite clear since there are two Beethovens to click on!!

I would never have guessed the first was Beethoven and the 2nd one sounds quite Mozartian. Both interesting.

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Sorry about that, Rod. When I first clicked onto the two Beethoven images, the first one didn't work and I only heard the second one. I have just heard them both and I must say it again, WUNDERSCHÖN! Keep these wonderful rare pieces coming, Rod. We here on Mt. Olympus can't get enough of them.

Comment

I got the idea too because there were two Beethovens to click on but, like Andrea, when I clicked on the first one it didn't work so I just got to listen to the second one. I shall try to get to the other one soon.

Joy
                'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

I actually didn't notice the second head. Good thing I checked back with this thread, or I might have missed it.

Comment

I know WoO993b very very well and have sung it with the choir for years,I did not know that it was set by Beethoven.My teacher uses it just as you say to introduce the Italian language to first year singers.
                    b7 was delightful I will see if I can uncover the music from somewhere so we may learn it as well.
                    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                      Now available to members on the rare page.
                      www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

Excellent music! I need to hear more of Beethoven's choral works. My mind has had hammered into it that Beethoven's vocal and choral music were not up to snuff. These examples prove he was that and more.

Comment

Working...
                      X