Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piano transcriptions of the symphony's Im sure I heard one some time ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spaceray:
    You say that now you are sure that you were not good enough to make it professionally?
    I may be mistaken but I think you've said before that your principle instrument is electric guitar so I'm assuming Rock would have been the genre you might have entered.
    For heavens sake look at all the dreck and junk that passes for music in this catagory,
    it seems to me you most likely were discouraged by talentless "musicains"that make it to the top rather than your own ability ,you artists are awfully hard on yourselves.What instruments do you play now?
    No - I play the guitar a little, but my main instruments are the violin and the piano. When I say a career in music, I mean classical music. I don't think I have the stomach for a career in rock music!

Comment

So your still playing music semiprofessionally in the classical vein?
      I am in my sixth month of piano and have never read music before,this is one of the most challenging and difficult things I have ever tried in my life.There is no hope that I will ever play well enough for it to even sound like music,still I am compelled to learn this,positively driven in fact.
      I agree that one would need a great deal of intestinal fortitude to make a career of rock music.
      "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:

Let me pose a question: how many among us would be willing to have a successful career as an artist, doing what we love as a matter of course, if in order to do so we had to be thrust back into the 18th or 19th century, with their poor health care, high infancy death rates, and all the rest of it? [/B]
        Good question Chaszz. As far as my musical ability goes I wouldn't make it anyway as a successful musician so I believe I will have to say I would stick to this century with all it's modern conveniences. How about you?
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
          So your still playing music semiprofessionally in the classical vein?
          I am in my sixth month of piano and have never read music before,this is one of the most challenging and difficult things I have ever tried in my life.There is no hope that I will ever play well enough for it to even sound like music,still I am compelled to learn this,positively driven in fact.
          I agree that one would need a great deal of intestinal fortitude to make a career of rock music.
          I agree with you, Spaceray, I've been playing piano for some time now and it is one of the hardest things I have done. You are constantly having to practice, it seems if you don't play for a while you have to start all over again almost. You have to be very dedicated.
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
          X