Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another New Listener

Greetings All,
    I've just started listening to classical music about 3 or 4 months ago and I can honestly say it has brought out more creativity in my work. I am a painter......oils, acrylics, etc. I started off listening to Beethovens 4th and 5th and then 9th. Then I was consumed by Haydens "Suprise" and "The Bear". My main focus is the stay centralized around Beethoven and his work. He seems to be one of the most passionate. My friends is bringing a box set up to work for me to borrow and I cant wait. His music creates a "rush" of emotions. Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. If you have any other suggestions on what to purchase let me know.

P.S. I still cant get into the "rare" beethoven page. Are we suppossed to enter our own password or is there a password that everyone uses?
    Mad_Prodigy

You millions, I
    embrace you. This kiss
    is for all the world!
    Brothers, above the
    starry canopy There
    must dwell a loving
    father.

Quite uncanny, I started out by listening to Beethoven's 4th and 5th symphonies and Haydn's Surprise Symphony! Your password has been sent so you should be able to access the rare page now.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Prodigy:
      Greetings All,
      I've just started listening to classical music about 3 or 4 months ago and I can honestly say it has brought out more creativity in my work. I am a painter......oils, acrylics, etc. I started off listening to Beethovens 4th and 5th and then 9th. Then I was consumed by Haydens "Suprise" and "The Bear". My main focus is the stay centralized around Beethoven and his work. He seems to be one of the most passionate. My friends is bringing a box set up to work for me to borrow and I cant wait. His music creates a "rush" of emotions. Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. If you have any other suggestions on what to purchase let me know.

P.S. I still cant get into the "rare" beethoven page. Are we suppossed to enter our own password or is there a password that everyone uses?

I started out listening to Beethoven's 9th many years ago and found myself hooked and wanting more. If you're into 'sets' try Beethoven's complete piano sonatas by Bernard Roberts or Beethoven's complete string quartets by the Alexander String Quartet, both worth listening to.
      You're right he wrote very passionately as you will learn as you hear more and more of his music. What box set are you going to listen to?

Joy
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

I dont know what box set my friend is talking about but he said he is going to bring up to work for me to borrow. I cant wait. Thanks for the suggestions...I took note and will obtain them soon!
        Mad_Prodigy

You millions, I
        embrace you. This kiss
        is for all the world!
        Brothers, above the
        starry canopy There
        must dwell a loving
        father.

Comment

Working...
        X