Beethoven charity shop finds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven charity shop finds!

I was passing the animal rescue charity shop today and I popped in as they always have CDs. I found a CD of the piano concertos 3 and 4 for £1 and also got Rachmaninov's piano concertos 1 and 4. I was holding the CDs and browsing some more CDs where their counter is, and happened to turn round and I said:" OMG!" as I saw this:

[IMG][URL=http://s123.photobucket.com/user/edwardianpiano/media/Beethovenshop_zps55d0e6e1.jpg.html]

[IMG][/IMG]

I went over to the picture and it is HUGE! The price was £10.99.
    I'd already said to the woman in the shop I liked Beethoven ( as I'd seen a boxed set of Mozart CDs in the window but they were £15 and I hadn't got that to spare and I said I preferred Beethoven hehe...) and there he was! I put a £5 deposit on the picture of course! I joked to the woman I thought I was hallucinating seeing this picture at first as I did not expect to find such a great LvB picture in there.

The woman then told me they have had a few LvB items in recently- busts being some of them. "No way!" I said and she said to write my contact details down, and they'd contact me if any more LvB stuff comes in.

Poor Ludwig will have to be hung over the staircase wall though, not in my (only) sitting room as there is not the space for him and the colour scheme is brown, red and cream so he wouldn't quite go anyway.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AeolianHarp; 03-13-2014, 01:36 PM.
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Wonderful find. Enjoy.
    "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
    --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
      Wonderful find. Enjoy.
      My stairway wall will look good yes! I pay the rest and collect him next week.
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Me thinks I'd go to a pawn shop and hock a heirloom piece of jewelry or something in order to get the cash to take that beautiful framed piece home ASAP.
        "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."

Comment

Me thinks I'd go to a pawn shop and hock a heirloom piece of jewelry or something in order to get the cash to take that beautiful framed piece home ASAP.
          Well I am e-baying Harvey...
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post

EDIT:

PETER! How on Earth can I put my pics into the body of the text from Box? I see you all include pics all the time and it does not work for me at all! I get the link from Box, use the img thing, or try the img icon but nothing loads.

Peter! You told me this:

P.S. To upload the picture place [IMG] and [/IMG] tags either end of the link.

Doesn't work ?!
            I think this is because your links are to a page and not a proper image format like JPG or GIF.
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Upload them to http://photobucket.com/ or the like and you'll get a link you can post here. The links come already formatted between URL and IMG tags. All you have to do is to paste them in your post.
              Last edited by Enrique; 03-13-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
                Upload them to http://photobucket.com/ or the like and you'll get a link you can post here. The links come already formatted between URL and IMG tags. All you have to do is to paste them in your post.
                I used to use photobucket, then it went odd and I could not upload anything from my computer to it.
                Ludwig van Beethoven
                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                  I think this is because your links are to a page and not a proper image format like JPG or GIF.
                  I am trying Photobucket! It has improved since I last used it.
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

He is hung up by my stairs now- looks great!
                    Ludwig van Beethoven
                    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Excellent. Perhaps you can link a photo of him in his new location.

Comment

I surely will Harvey! But tomorrow I shall take his photo, as I have to move some boxes into a cupboard and find new places for the mop and the vacuum cleaner which are kept on the stairs, so he is presiding over some stuff at the moment! The Sun is going down too, so not much light.

But, for now, here's photos of my bookcase

The red lantern is for a tea light candle- it looks so good in the evening!

Ludwig van Beethoven
                        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

That is an interesting shot. A lot of curious items on the book shelf. Likely very appealing for one to sit back and listen to good music in that room.

Comment

That is an interesting shot. A lot of curious items on the book shelf. Likely very appealing for one to sit back and listen to good music in that room.
                            LOL yes....I like curios, vintage and antiques. I have a real liking for rooting through charity shops! The inkwell was my Grandad's ( belonged to his father) so it is from the nineteenth century.

But the Butterfly ornament was from Asda! I think it is unusual despite being from Asda.
                            Ludwig van Beethoven
                            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Here he is!

A full view of my bookcase!

Last edited by AeolianHarp; 03-23-2014, 07:57 PM.
                              Ludwig van Beethoven
                              Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
                              X