Excellent performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent performance

In my country of New Zealand we have a radio station called concert FM. One day driving home I heard the famous apassionata sonata. I had often heard this piece before, but this particular performance was so passionate and gripping, that, absent minded, I almost caused several accidents. Finally I pulled over and listen whole heartedly. I could not help feel that this pianist had fulfilled his noble function and played it just as the maestro intended. I could not help feel that this player had understood the music, and had not just played the music like a parrot repeating his master word for word, but rather had used the piano as a means of expression and power.
    So you may ask who was this pianist.
    So may I.
    Does any one know of a polish or eastern european pianist with a name that may be a derivation of the following:
    Pieta forst Liawsrichta
    Peta forst Liawsrichta
    Piafost Liowsrichta
    Pieta faust Liowsrichta.
    The radio host had very poor pronounciaton and something similar to the above was all I could figure out. I would very much like to get a CD of this chap, and perhaps some of you would too.

Originally posted by kubrickcritic:
    In my country of New Zealand we have a radio station called concert FM. One day driving home I heard the famous apassionata sonata. I had often heard this piece before, but this particular performance was so passionate and gripping, that, absent minded, I almost caused several accidents. Finally I pulled over and listen whole heartedly. I could not help feel that this pianist had fulfilled his noble function and played it just as the maestro intended. I could not help feel that this player had understood the music, and had not just played the music like a parrot repeating his master word for word, but rather had used the piano as a means of expression and power.
    So you may ask who was this pianist.
    So may I.
    Does any one know of a polish or eastern european pianist with a name that may be a derivation of the following:
    Pieta forst Liawsrichta
    Peta forst Liawsrichta
    Piafost Liowsrichta
    Pieta faust Liowsrichta.
    The radio host had very poor pronounciaton and something similar to the above was all I could figure out. I would very much like to get a CD of this chap, and perhaps some of you would too.
    Perhaps Sviatoslav Richter?

If not, at any rate, I would suggest calling the radio station and asking for their help. I have done this numerous times and received couteous responses, although I'm sure it helps to do it the same day or the day after. If you know the date at any rate or the approximate date they may be able to give you the name of the artist.

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited February 13, 2004).]
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Kubrickcritic,
      I wonder if the name was 'Beata Szalwinska'
      Perhaps your Pieta could have been 'Beata'?
      The only one I can find at the moment is the Polish Female concert pianist on the following site:
      http://www.classicalist.com/Beataonline.html

It's a shot in the dark, but interesting.

Chaszz's solution is the one I usually resort to, by either e-mail or phone the Radio station. I always get good results.
      Do let us know if you succeed in finding it.

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited February 13, 2004).]
      ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

My favourite rendition of the Maestro's Appassionata is by Sviatoslav Richter. If that was what you heard then you were very lucky. I have it on LP RCA Victor but haven't yet found it on CD

------------------
        Love from London
        Love from London

Comment

I think your probably right, I've found out that richter was well esteemed. Do you know where I might download some of his performances. Great music should be free and accesible to all.
          Originally posted by Chaszz:
          Perhaps Sviatoslav Richter?

If not, at any rate, I would suggest calling the radio station and asking for their help. I have done this numerous times and received couteous responses, although I'm sure it helps to do it the same day or the day after. If you know the date at any rate or the approximate date they may be able to give you the name of the artist.

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited February 13, 2004).]

Comment

Working...
          X