X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Karajan 356 disc box set

This would make a nice stocking-filler!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=AiC_raLSIqo

Yes, but I have a birthday coming up before then! Do we know when it's due out and how much it'll be?
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

There's some more information here. It's out in November and Amazon USA are asking $999.99. (At least they kept it under a thousand.) According to this link, it's dearer in Australia!

http://www.limelightmagazine.com.au/...-ever-produced

Comment

What a wonderful box set! It looks like they even reproduced the original album artwork on each disc case. I love to see things like this released, though I won't be buying it. $999 is quite a lot, though for 356 discs that's pretty reasonable at less than $3 a disc and including some very nice packaging.

Comment

And they said the CD was dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            And they said the CD was dead!
            Like stamp collectors?

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
              Like stamp collectors?

Philately will get you nowhere.

Comment

I love von Karajan especially his recordings of the Beethoven 200th anniversary edition he did back in 1970. If money was no object I'd get this collection ASAP. Unfortunately since I have to wait another 6 years to collect my pension, my hubby and I are having to get by on just his pension alone. But if I had money to burn I would snap up these recordings as well as a Tesla Model S auto. Oh well, at least I can still dream of listening to these CDs while driving my Tesla down a beautiful country road.
                "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  There's some more information here. It's out in November and Amazon USA are asking $999.99. (At least they kept it under a thousand.) According to this link, it's dearer in Australia!

http://www.limelightmagazine.com.au/...-ever-produced
                  Keep your eye on the Amazon listing. I still remember the $25 complete Beethoven set you found for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                    Keep your eye on the Amazon listing. I still remember the $25 complete Beethoven set you found for me.

Good luck with this one!

Comment

Working...
                    X