Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th Symphony "Allegretto" Rock version

Hello !
    I just wanted to share my rock version of the 7th !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHQ9iAjhfYs

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHQ9iAjhfYs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by JulianArt; 10-09-2016, 10:00 PM.

Nice! I enjoyed your Mozart's 25th and B's 5th videos, too. I'm no purist, and I would love someone forever if they played a proper rock version of Beethoven's Opus 59 3-4.

Edit- Ha, I see someone else in the comments of your Mozart video requested the same.
    Last edited by hal9000; 10-10-2016, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Great! Really enjoyed that. Fantastic guitar playing!
      I don't know what Beethoven's reaction would be. He certainly wouldn't need one of his ear trumpets.

Comment

Yes, nice playing! It reminds me a little of some early Queen music.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Yes, nice playing! It reminds me a little of some early Queen music.
          Yes, it is very reminiscent of Queen.
          Good playing JulianArt, credit where it's due, but not what I could listen to for very long.
          🎹

Comment

Not meaning to take away from the OP's video, but this was one of the recommended videos.

And a pretty interesting comment: "when classical even sound better in electric guitar than any metal songs, how is that even possible?"

I think these videos really underline the importance of craftsmanship in music. And Beethoven is a better musical craftsman than any metal composer. It doesn't surprise me that Beethoven's and Mozart's music translates really well into other genres. The underlying structure of their music is so strong that contextually it still makes sense no matter what genre you try to clothe it in, instrument you use or improv you do. That's not to say that the thread creator doesn't also deserve credit for translating the piece to a different genre.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9000 View Post
              Not meaning to take away from the OP's video, but this was one of the recommended videos.

And a pretty interesting comment: "when classical even sound better in electric guitar than any metal songs, how is that even possible?"

I think these videos really underline the importance of craftsmanship in music. And Beethoven is a better musical craftsman than any metal composer. It doesn't surprise me that Beethoven's and Mozart's music translates really well into other genres. The underlying structure of their music is so strong that contextually it still makes sense no matter what genre you try to clothe it in, instrument you use or improv you do. That's not to say that the thread creator doesn't also deserve credit for translating the piece to a different genre.
              I would argue that much of the expression that gives the music its intrinsic meaning and development is lost in a expressionless dynamic. That is to say there is no dynamic expression such as pianissimo or mezzo forte, etc. I can certainly appreciate the musicianship and the cross over to another genres and I love the performances in OPs' and Tina S. I think that if you'd never heard of, or familiar with, Beethovens' music it might not make sense. These performances exemplify Beethovens' great dynamic power of rhythm in his works. Beethoven rocks!

Comment

A 17 year old girl- woah! She is very good. Not my style of music, but I have to admit that is some tough playing there. Looks almost as hard as the original piano version to play.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rBK0BqL2w[/YOUTUBE]
                Ludwig van Beethoven
                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
                Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Working...
                X