Beethoven Concert on Radio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven Concert on Radio!

They're having a Beethoven evening tonight on my classical radio station, here's the line up:

7:00 PM ASU in Concert
    With JoAnn Yeoman
    Borovoj Martinic-Jercic, violin; Walter Cosand, piano

Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata in D Major, op. 12, no. 1
    Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata in E-flat Major, op. 12, no. 3
    Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata in A Major, op. 47, ("Kreutzer")

8:19 PM Violin Sonata No. 7 in c Op 30 No. 2
    Ludwig Van Beethoven
    SOLO Anne-Sophie Mutter, violin
    SOLO Lambert Orkis, piano
    D. Gramphn 457619

That's 7:00pm Phoenix time at

http://kbaq.org/ 'listen live.'

Joy

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited January 08, 2003).]
    'Truth and beauty joined'

I have the complete sonatas by them (nice thing over the computer) but I don't like her playing much, he plays very fine but she lacks power sometimes, even though, the Kreutzer recording is one of the best I've ever heard :-).
    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
      I have the complete sonatas by them (nice thing over the computer) but I don't like her playing much, he plays very fine but she lacks power sometimes, even though, the Kreutzer recording is one of the best I've ever heard :-).
      I think the same about The Kreutzer. Next Thurs. Jan. 16th, they're playing Opus 30 no.1 & 2; and Opus 96 at 7:00pm. (I also really enjoy Opus 24 'Spring'). Sorry about the aforementioned mistake. The concerts Opus 12 no. 1 & 3 and Opus 47 are tonight (9th).

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
        They're having a Beethoven evening tonight on my classical radio station, here's the line up:

7:00 PM ASU in Concert
        With JoAnn Yeoman
        Borovoj Martinic-Jercic, violin; Walter Cosand, piano

Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata in D Major, op. 12, no. 1
        Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata in E-flat Major, op. 12, no. 3
        Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata in A Major, op. 47, ("Kreutzer")

8:19 PM Violin Sonata No. 7 in c Op 30 No. 2
        Ludwig Van Beethoven
        SOLO Anne-Sophie Mutter, violin
        SOLO Lambert Orkis, piano
        D. Gramphn 457619

That's 7:00pm Phoenix time at

http://kbaq.org/ 'listen live.'

Joy

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited January 08, 2003).]
        Joy,

I heard part of this. It was very nice. Thanks for mentioning it.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it. So did I!

Joy

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joy:
            [B]They're having a Beethoven evening tonight on my classical radio station . . .

Listen all week to the 24-hour Beethoven Orgy on http://www.whrb.org in streaming audio or, in the Boston/Cambridge, MA area:
            95.3 FM from January 11 through January 17.

cavatina

Comment

Listen all week to the 24-hour Beethoven Orgy on http://www.whrb.org in streaming audio or, in the Boston/Cambridge, MA area:

cavatina
              This is a pretty powerful lineup. The station also seems to have a lot of other interesting "orgies". Thanks, cavatina.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by cavatina:
                [b]
                They're having a Beethoven evening tonight on my classical radio station . . .

cavatina

I'm sure glad you posted that url!!! I tuned in just a little while ago to listen to the last half of the Eroica. (I'm still listening to it and it engenders some real strong emotions--great performance--I can't wait to find out who's it is!)

Thanks, again! Great start to my day!

Comment

I hope I am not too late in posting this message for our London members and for the interest of others.

Tonight BBC Radio 3 is presenting a dicscussion on Beethoven Busts.

Plus afterwards we shall be treated to Beethovens symphony No. 5.
                  (exerpt from discussion)
                  Many busts of Beethoven were made in his lifetime, and they look particularly grim because they were taken from life.
                  Beethoven was not keen on the idea - he hated having lots of wet muck slapped all over his face to make the mould and scowled horribly throughout the process.
                  Modern busts of Beethoven have rather tidied up his looks, and the ones sold in Beethoven house in Bonn make him look particulary bland.
                  Who is behind the manufacture of all those images of the great man?

I dont agree that his busts look grim. I think he looks rather distiguished and noble.
                  Needless to say I have a bust of Beethoven adorning my Living room.

I do hope you will be able to listen to the programme tonight at 20.30
                  BBC Radio 3 play Beethoven pieces most days.

Comment

Also on the same programme as above BBC Radio 3, will be playing Beethoven Piano Concerto no. 3 .

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by cavatina:
                      [b]
                      They're having a Beethoven evening tonight on my classical radio station . . .

cavatina

Very interesting especially the commentary and discussion on some of the pieces. I have just been listening to a discussion about The Eroica. Very good. I only wish I could listen to it all day!!

Joy

Comment

This is the lineup for Thursday night on my classical radio station http://kbaq.org/ 'listen live.' 7:00pm Phoenix time from ASU if anyone's interested.

Borovoj Martinic-Jercic (violin) and Walter Cosand (piano)

7:01 Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata in A Major, op. 30, no. 1
                        7:24 Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata in C Minor, op. 30, no. 2
                        7:51 Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata in G Major, op. 96

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited January 15, 2003).]

Comment

Monday 27th January, on BBC radio 3, lunchtime concert, will be presenting the Beaux Arts Trio, playing Beethoven; Allegretto in B flat,Wo039; Trio in B flat, Op 97, Archduke.

Thursday 30th Jan. Lunchtime concert, 13.00
                          Beethoven string quartet in E minor no.2 Razumovsky.

in the evening 19.30 performance, Beethoven Violin sonata in G, then afterwards a discussion on his life and career.

When I can I play classical music at work on the radio in the out patients department waiting room, at the hospital, for the patients, Last week, when Moonlight Sonata was playing there was such a calm and peaceful atmosphere. On another ocassion I played Beethoven's Symphony no. 7.
                          but I don't think it was quite as appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by ann hathaway:

When I can I play classical music at work on the radio in the out patients department waiting room, at the hospital, for the patients, Last week, when Moonlight Sonata was playing there was such a calm and peaceful atmosphere. On another ocassion I played Beethoven's Symphony no. 7.
                            but I don't think it was quite as appreciated.
                            We play classical music in the waiting room too and the patients appreciate it. (So do I). Mostly slow stuff things like Pachelbel's Canon. Never raucaus just slow, peaceful stuff.

Joy

Comment

I Love Pachelbel's Canon too!.
                              Our local youth orchestra play this in The Glades shopping centre among other lovely pieces. and I always like to support them.

For the patients we also play, Lark ascending, by Vaughn Williams.
                              Everyone seems more peaceful and civilized
                              when listening to classical music.
                              No one gets crotchety if they have to wait a while to be seen by the Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                              X