Little free counterpoint quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
    Right then, detention for everybody for these lame puns whether they are intended or not!
    Stop sniggering, Latham-Koenig Smythe! I believe your father has not settled this term's fees, is that right? What's that you say? He has 'solvency' problems? Well, that's what you get when you meddle with drug-dealing crooks, you little cretin. See me after class.

With respect Maestro,

Your Falsetto At'Etude is a Grave Slur on my good character, if you would care to check with the Staff you will realize that my father has taken emergency Measures in regard to your Overblown fees, he has sent money in Notes to the Tune of 2 grand. I trust this should Tie you over until next term. You do not have a Legato to stand on.!

Smythe.
    Last edited by Megan; 12-19-2012, 02:47 PM.
    🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      It's the not the dissonance so much as the lack of resolution!!
      I'm saving that for New Year's Day.

Comment

So Chris, any joy with your working on the counterpoint question?

Comment

Oh well, a bit disappointed nobody came up with a working that I could have given full marks for. Here then is my own working. I give myself 21/20. Hah!
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, so much for my own working. Louis would have called it a 'cobbler's patch'. I would call it a masterly working of limited material.

Comment

So Chris, any joy with your working on the counterpoint question?
              Ah, yes, I forgot all about this! I wrote it out but I didn't have a scanner, so I was planning to put it into Finale or something. I'll get that sorted out later today.

I shall refrain from looking at your completion until mine is up, Quijote!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                Ah, yes, I forgot all about this! I wrote it out but I didn't have a scanner, so I was planning to put it into Finale or something. I'll get that sorted out later today.

I shall refrain from looking at your completion until mine is up, Quijote!
                Alright, I'll believe you. I'm just re-reading my working with some Purcell in the background (thereby breaking one of my cardinal rules), and I'm relieved to say I can hear both, though it is a far from ideal situation. Normally, I have a one-tracked ear. Do you suffer the same, Chris?

Comment

Taking a long time here, Chris.
                  Allez, allez, ... ce n'est aussi dificile que ça, merde!
                  No, but really!

Comment

Taking a long time here, Chris.
                    Allez, allez, ... ce n'est aussi dificile que ça, merde!
                    No, but really!
                    OK, OK, I'm trying to make merry, here! But here is my attempt.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Alright, I'll believe you. I'm just re-reading my working with some Purcell in the background (thereby breaking one of my cardinal rules), and I'm relieved to say I can hear both, though it is a far from ideal situation. Normally, I have a one-tracked ear. Do you suffer the same, Chris?
                      I have been known to practice the piano while listening to other music in the background. Somehow it makes me feel better to know there is at least some good playing being produced when I am practicing

Comment

As soon as I can get my own attempt in a readable format I will post what I have (hopefully, tomorrow). So far I haven't looked at anyone else's, but I'm afraid that being out of touch with this sort of thing for so long will yield some less than desirable results.

Comment

Question, mostly to Chris: How may I insert a pdf sample (or an image)? It does not appear that I can copy anything directly here, so I assume I should use something like photobucket to store the image or pdf sample?

(I do have my response to the quiz.)

Comment

It looks like Quijote managed to attach a file, so you should be able to as well. When you make a reply, you should see a button called "Manage Attachments". Click that and you should be able to attach a PDF or image file to your post.

Comment

Thanks, Chris! Rarely do I use the Post Reply button (usually quick reply or I reply to someone's post) so I had not noticed that.

Here is my lowly offering. This probably is not what the Don had in mind.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone used MuseScore? It's a very nice free notational software. Years ago I was planning to rescore everything I had done but never got very far. Today I downloaded the latest version and it's looking real good (for a free program) and used it for the exercise.

Comment

Working...
                                X