Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P = Pasqualati, Johann Baptist, co-owner/landlord (with his brother Joseph) of a house at the Molkerbastei where B lived a couple of times between 1804 and 1815

Comment

"Quella cetra ah pur tu sei" (hess 218 or WoO99 No.10b) one of the short a capella pieces written as part of B's studies with Salieri.

Comment

Reiss, Johanna, wife of Caspar Carl and mother of Karl.
        Convicted of stealing from her husband; this offence and her lax morals were cited as evidence by Beethoven during their struggle for the guardianship of Karl.
        Beethoven sometimes referred to her as ' the Queen of the Night.
        A grossly exaggerated of course.
        Last edited by Megan; 09-11-2012, 04:58 PM.
        🎹

Comment

Schuppanzigh, B's fat violinist friend.

Comment

Thayer's Life of Beethoven
            🎹

Comment

Umlauf, Michael - "assisted" in conducting the premieres of "Fidelio" and the Ninth Symphony.
              Last edited by Michael; 09-11-2012, 05:28 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Just a quick point here if I may. Chris or Peter: could you close off the page once we get to "Z" and complete the first round (rather like you do for the "What are you listening to...)? Could you also change the title of this thread to A-Z Beethoven Quiz (Round 1)?
                Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                  Just a quick point here if I may. Chris or Peter: could you close off the page once we get to "Z" and complete the first round (rather like you do for the "What are you listening to...)? Could you also change the title of this thread to A-Z Beethoven Quiz (Round 1)?
                  Many thanks.
                  Wouldn't it be more convenient to leave it all in one thread, so that everyone could easily refer back to previous answers?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Wouldn't it be more convenient to leave it all in one thread, so that everyone could easily refer back to previous answers?
                    Eh,
                    🎹

Comment

V = Violin concerto, two of them: WoO 5 and opus 61

Comment

W for WoO, catalog system for Beethoven's non opus works.

Thanks for the hint, Roehre!
                        Last edited by Sorrano; 09-11-2012, 07:19 PM. Reason: Proper crediting

Comment

X = roman 10, the symphony Barry Cooper wrote for Beeethoven

Comment

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                            X = roman 10, the symphony Barry Cooper wrote for Beeethoven
                            Come on, Roehre, that's not very good!

How about Xylophone: one of the few instruments for which Beethoven did not write any music (not even a 'cello and Xylophone concerto, Philip)...

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                              Come on, Roehre, that's not very good!

How about Xylophone: one of the few instruments for which Beethoven did not write any music (not even a 'cello and Xylophone concerto, Philip)...
                              Lol! You have been googling Beethoven and X, I see. I got the same result on that one. However, I do have a better X in mind. Too bad it wasn't my turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                                Lol! You have been googling Beethoven and X, I see. I got the same result on that one. However, I do have a better X in mind. Too bad it wasn't my turn.
                                No Googling, Sorrano, I promise! Your X must be X-ray vision, as possessed by Superman. Beethoven was not Superman of course; he was merely A superman. And that will be my A for the start of the next game!

Comment

Working...
                                X