Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they won't it's because they know in advance they'll have to pay Roehre. The "G", then:
    G = Gneixendorf, where Beethoven's landowner of a brother had his estate. What's an estate, by the way?
    Last edited by Quijote; 09-10-2012, 10:45 PM. Reason: You can imagine I had problems with the spelling

Comment

H = Heiligenstadt (or Heiglnstadt, as Beethoven misspelt it), little place where B wrote his october 1802 Testament

Comment

I is for Ignaz Moscheles, friend of Beethoven and assisted/scored the piano score of Fidelio.

Is using the first letter of the first name cheating? If so then we will need to come up with another I.

Comment

I'm off to bed guys. Remember now : Roehre was the last to post "H". If nobody can come up with "I" within 24 hours he will have to provide it. I said that already, didn't I? Don't think I don't have an "I", 'coz I do, see? Goodnight!

Comment

This software is too slow! Good point Sorrano, but I think you'll have to come up with another "I". Over to you, and goodnight!

Comment

I will be out for a while, myself, but will be ready to resume tomorrow.

Take care!

Comment

J = Julia Guicciardi, whom the Moonlight Sonata is dedicated to.
                - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Sorry Preston that doesn't count (unless for a "G"). We have to wait for someone to post the "I" first.

Comment

"In questa tomba oscura" WoO.133? Beethoven's 1807 setting, words by Giuseppe Carpani.

Last edited by Michael; 09-11-2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Joseph Joachim (1831-1907) performed Beethoven's Violin Concerto in London in 1844. He composed two cadenzas for it.
                      🎹

Comment

Preston has done the J already, therefore now the K

K = Karl, the composer's nephew. This spelling is the correct one, which is remarkable, as by then most names beginning with a K-sound were still written as C, Carl therefore in this instance.

Comment

Prince Karl Lichnowsky , Beethoven's friend and patron.
                          🎹

Comment

M = Missa solemnis.

Comment

Christian Gottlob Neefe

Beethoven's teacher in Bonn.

Comment

Oppersdorff, Count Franz von.
                                B dedicated the Fourth Symphony to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X