Latest Beethoven research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Beethoven research

Greetings BRS Forum members. Many apologies for the long absence (offers a long list of weak excuses, blah blah blah ... collective yawn from members).
    Anyway, more importantly, here's some hot new Beethoven research (with free download of a new Beethoven article up to September 30) :

New Beethoven Research: A Special Issue from the Journal of Musicological Research

07 August 2013 Taylor & Francis

Publication title: Journal of Musicological Research
    Author: Editor: Deborah Kauffman, University of Northern Colorado
    Publication type: Journal

Routledge and the Journal of Musicological Research are pleased to announce a special issue on New Beethoven Research. The special issue features a collection of articles covering the latest research on one of the most important and influential figures in music.

"Two centuries after their creation, Beethoven's works display an undiminished cultural relevance. One measure of their vitality is the intensity with which musicians continue to probe the context of Beethoven's career and the aesthetic meaning of his compositions," said guest editor William Kinderman in his preface to the double issue.

For a limited time, Routledge is offering free access to an article from the special issue: "Of Hunting, Horns, and Heroes: A Brief History of E♭ Major before the Eroica," John David Wilson. Access this article for FREE until September 30, 2013.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/...96.2013.792037

----------------
    OK, hope you all check out the article whilst it's free. Speak to you all later!

Greetings Don Q, thanks for that and I'll digest Eb major and meditate on it pendant mes vacances en France!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thanks, Don! Having a little bit of a trouble bringing the PDF on screen, probably a browser issue.

Hope you are doing well!

Comment

I already saved it to disk. Glad to see you back, Quijote.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
          Greetings Don Q, thanks for that and I'll digest Eb major and meditate on it pendant mes vacances en France!
          I have alerted the relevant authorities as to your upcoming presence in this democratic country. I have also purchased a Bosendorfer blunderbuss for the appropriate protection of my good self and property.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
            Thanks, Don! Having a little bit of a trouble bringing the PDF on screen, probably a browser issue.
            Hope you are doing well!
            When you get beyond these technological hitches Sorrano we shall debate the merits (or otherwise) of E-flat major.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
              I already saved it to disk. Glad to see you back, Quijote.
              I knew I could count on you, Don Enrique. You are an Hidalgo. Or a Chevalier. Whatever you prefer. We shall talk about E-flat major later, when we all have a moment after these much too-long summer (northern hemisphere) holidays.

Comment

I have saved it to a PDF and will read it soon. Thanks, Quijote!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I have saved it to a PDF and will read it soon. Thanks, Quijote!
                  You still owe me a crate of beer for the last research news I sent you. Admittedly, this time it's free and can be legally downloaded, unlike the last article which had fallen off a back of a lorry.
                  Anyway, the beer, Michael, the beer ...

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                    You still owe me a crate of beer for the last research news I sent you. Admittedly, this time it's free and can be legally downloaded, unlike the last article which had fallen off a back of a lorry.
                    Anyway, the beer, Michael, the beer ...
                    Would you settle for ecrate of ebeer?

Comment

Thank you, Quijote, the rest of the edition is packed with intriguing articles, too. Hoping to track this down in a nearby academic library. http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/gmur2...t#.UiO2PH91mI0 Lindegard

PS The volume is also for sale for $65, which isn't too bad for an academic journal. Details on ordering follow:

To Order:
                      Routledge is currently offering print copies of this special double-issue at a
                      discounted rate of $65*. To order, please contact Customer Service at:
                      Call toll-free:
                      1-800-354-1420, press “4”
                      Email:
                      customerservice@taylorandfrancis.com
                      Fax:
                      (215) 625-8914
                      Mail:
                      Taylor & Francis, Attn: Customer Service
                      325 Chestnut Street Suite 800, Philadelphia, PA 19106 USA
                      When ordering, please specify that you are purchasing
                      Volume 32, issue 2-3 at the
                      special issue rate of $65 in your request.
                      Please note, special rate prices apply to
                      individual purchasers only.
                      Last edited by Lindegard; 09-01-2013, 10:40 PM.
                      "Just because you're not famous, doesn't mean you're not great!"

Comment

And thank you Lindergard for the post above, too. I have to admit to a small privilege: I get access to this stuff for free - hah! I can't wait to get my hands on it, I assure you. If I didn't have free access I'd beg, borrow and steal, no worries, I ain't proud when it comes to Beethoven research.
                        By the way, how's the book research coming along?

Comment

For all of those who are interested in reading the full issue but don't have access, Routledge is now offering it for free 30-day online access. Registration is required, but it's free.

http://www.tandfonline.com/token/AT_.../gmur20/32/2-3

Comment

Working...
                          X