Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
    Enrique and Sorrano,
    I don't know if this helps, but please check out the PDF attached. It does seem to me that the Piston is a bit too verbose. I think the page I have attached sums it up. Apologies for not posting much recently, I'm suffering from the 'flu (= la gripe (E) / la grippe (FR).
    Thanks! The exposed fifth and octaves were not familiar to me; I probably just don't remember them, but they do make a lot of sense to me.

Sorry about la gripa, I had my run in with that at the beginning of the year. Fortunately, I've been able to avoid the flu (but did have my shot!) Hope that you are on the mend!

Comment

I know, all these bloody rules, hey?

Comment

So, we know that Albrechtsberger was (one of) Beethoven's counterpoint teachers. And that Quijote is (one of) yours (reluctantly).
        Check out this work by Albrechtsberger:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4J384ZBjjI

Comment

Well, I think there are some things that are not quite right with this, but here's my attempt anyway.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that, I'll get back to you next week when this school holiday (yes, another one - too many in this country!) is over.

Comment

Apologies for being tardy. I will get to it later, just a bit busy (and tired) at the moment.

Comment

Apologies for being tardy. I will get to it later, just a bit busy (and tired) at the moment.
                That is well understood as I am dealing with the same afflictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                  That is well understood as I am dealing with the same afflictions.
                  As am I! Take your time, Quijote.

Comment

We've got the next four days off because of Easter, so I'll try and do it sometime this weekend. Apologies again for the delay, but it will be done!

Comment

I really am sorry not to have delivered on my promise above. Term is over next week, I'll have more time then to honour my commitments to this thread on the forum.

Comment

I really am sorry not to have delivered on my promise above. Term is over next week, I'll have more time then to honour my commitments to this thread on the forum.
                        That is totally understandable! I still have to submit my own offering here, as well.

Comment

Nearly free (from exam marking) to dedicate myself a bit more to this thread and the forum in general. I will keep my promise (but late)!
                          [We can hardly wait. Ed.]

Comment

I might have some time, as well, today to complete the exam. It's a holiday here, so I should give that a shot.

Comment

That is rather late work, Herr student Sorrano.

Comment

I still have Chris's and Arno's previous workings to comment on. Will you accept my late work?

Comment

Working...
                                X