No announcement yet.

Jamón Ibérico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The French would call you a "Gourmand" Sorrano! It's not a rude word, I promise you. I could tell you what it means, but you're a lazybones, look it up on Google or something!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
      The French would call you a "Gourmand" Sorrano! It's not a rude word, I promise you. I could tell you what it means, but you're a lazybones, look it up on Google or something!!
      Here, in Salt Lake City, we have a bakery called Gourmandie's. It rather good (they have a wonderful baked salmon in lobster sauce) and features lots of tasty delicacies.

Incidentally, I did look it up and I do resemble that. Thank you! To look at me you'd think I suffer from malnutrition, but I do enjoy my food!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
        The 4'33" recipes have to be done in absolute silence, relatively.
        When I'm cooking Sorrano, there is never anything closely resembling silence, it's all banging and crashing and lots of swearing and things like "Get the f... out of my kitchen, I'm cooking, dammit ...". A stressful time for my family, I admit, but the plates are always licked clean. Saves on the dishwasher.

Comment

[...] baked salmon in lobster sauce) [...]
          That's for me!
          [...]To look at me you'd think I suffer from malnutrition, but I do enjoy my food!
          Skinny but always hungry? I used to be like that. Now I'm not so skinny, but my appetite is always good. Well, not when I'm stressed out, but when I'm 'unbuttoned' (an expression LvB used!), on holiday for example, then ... ah ... food!

Comment

When I'm stressed out (too often,these days), my diet consists of cigarettes and coffee. Anyway, term's over so I'm going to relax and get down to some serious festive nosh. And good wine. Although I'm not a brass player.

Comment

Actually, in my experience brass players don't give a fig about good wine, all they care about is quantity. Need to replace all that saliva (eegh!) they lose whilst they blast out their parts. So to speak.

Comment

Actually, can I tell you a funny story about 'figs'?
                [No, please, not that story, it's not remotely funny or interesting. Why do you do this to these people? Ed.]

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                  Actually, in my experience brass players don't give a fig about good wine, all they care about is quantity. Need to replace all that saliva (eegh!) they lose whilst they blast out their parts. So to speak.
                  I used to play cornet, but then had to give it up as I am not a drinker.

Comment

Well yes, one has to make choices in life. I used to be a sane person, then I became a harmony/counterpoint teacher. No, that's not right, it all started going wrong for me when I came to France.

Comment

Working...
                    X