Macbook problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook problems

I have a MacBook and can't save music videos onto my desktop.
    It will show the link of my chosen video but as soon as I click on to the link the video doe not show.
    If anyone is familiar with Apple Macs, I would love to know the solution to this problem. Thanks.
    🎹

What sort of music videos are you trying to save? Things like YouTube videos?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      What sort of music videos are you trying to save? Things like YouTube videos?

Yes, for instance, I like to listening to the pieces am learning and save them to the desktop.
      Sonata in G major. Scarlatti
      Le Petit Rein, Couperin.
      Praeludium vocis mollis.

I had no problem when I had windows. There must be a different system with MacBook which I have not discovered.
      🎹

Comment

In general, you cannot save YouTube videos to your computer. They don't want you to do that. There are some websites that pop up now and then where you can put the YouTube link and download the video, but they don't usually last long.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
          I have a MacBook and can't save music videos onto my desktop.
          It will show the link of my chosen video but as soon as I click on to the link the video doe not show.
          If anyone is familiar with Apple Macs, I would love to know the solution to this problem. Thanks.
          I am NOT familiar with Macs, but am fairly sure there are alternative browsers available for its OS. I use Firefox on Windows, and know there are a number of video download add-ons available for it, some YouTube specific. No idea if the Mac version has the same add-on library, but it might be worth checking out. (Chrome for Windows also allows add-ons. I've never cared for Chrome so have no idea what sort of video downloading tools are available.)

Comment

Originally posted by Decrepit Poster View Post
            I am NOT familiar with Macs, but am fairly sure there are alternative browsers available for its OS. I use Firefox on Windows, and know there are a number of video download add-ons available for it, some YouTube specific. No idea if the Mac version has the same add-on library, but it might be worth checking out. (Chrome for Windows also allows add-ons. I've never cared for Chrome so have no idea what sort of video downloading tools are available.)

Thanks DP, I am a little reluctant to use Chrome or Firefox. But I have thought of a solution to save them on a little website I made, even if I don't have many members, it is like my web space where I can save stuff. Some websites can be closed down because of lack of traffic, but I'm sure it will last long enough for my purposes. I had a website before and it lasted about 4 years. Or maybe save it onto my facebook, so I can check into that if I need to. The thing I like about the youtube video piano music examples is that you can slow it down and watch the proper fingering and hand movements. It is also good if you want to follow scales and arpeggios.

I am really not impressed with Apple MacBook at all.
            Last edited by Megan; 12-17-2017, 06:28 AM.
            🎹

Comment

Working...
            X