Beethoven sites in Bonn and Vienna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven sites in Bonn and Vienna

Hello, I am writing a work of fiction about Beethoven's early years and hoping to visit Beethoven sites in Bonn this year (I've visited the major LvB sites in Vienna several times in the past).

I realize that most of the buildings associated with the family are gone (or changed), but I would be interested in visiting the exact places where the family lived, even though the actual buildings no longer exist.

In Bonn, the Beethoven Haus has some good resources, and I've downloaded the "Beethoven Walk" pamphlet. http://www.buergerfuerbeethoven.de/c...dgang_engl.pdf

But does anyone know where the Neugasse flat would have been located? It would appear from a modern city map to be inland on the eastern shore of the Rhine, which would make it the only home the family had on that side of the river. Though they didn't stay at this address long, it is significant because I believe they lived there during the time of the great palace fire (January 1777).

Are there comprehensive maps of Beethoven sites in Bonn and Vienna? Thanks much! Lindegard
    "Just because you're not famous, doesn't mean you're not great!"

Thanks for posting this here - I was hoping that someone would have been able to help with this one as Lindegard emailed me about it and I suggested the forum!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

During my research, I found the Beethoven-Haus and the tourist office very helpful and provided very reliable information.

Good luck. Looking forward to the book!
      Last edited by Fidelio; 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM. Reason: mistake
      Fidelio

Must it be.....it must be

Comment

Working...
      X