No announcement yet.

New Chat Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad in Arizona we never change time, summer or winter it's all the same here, (weather wise too). I guess I'll just have to try for a couple of hours on and off until I figure this time thing out.

Joy
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by ~Immortal Beloved~:
      You'll figure out pretty soon joy.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, IB. It's harder than it sounds!

Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:

Joy
        Well, the browser settings in this internet cafe and indeed the others I have looked at cannot be adjusted so I cannot log on. Looks like I'm only available daytime GMT.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
          Well, the browser settings in this internet cafe and indeed the others I have looked at cannot be adjusted so I cannot log on. Looks like I'm only available daytime GMT.

That's a shame. I got into the chat room at the appointed time but no one else showed up! I'll try again in an hour if anyone's interested. (8:00pm). Otherwise, Rod, we'll have to have another time, earlier I presume. Don't you have an internet link at home? You have to go to an internet cafe?

Joy

Comment

Joy
            You welcome joy! You could count on me.

Comment

That's a shame. I got into the chat room at the appointed time but no one else showed up! I'll try again in an hour if anyone's interested. (8:00pm). Otherwise, Rod, we'll have to have another time, earlier I presume. Don't you have an internet link at home? You have to go to an internet cafe?

Joy

If you get into the room and no-one's there, just keep the window open for a while, someone might show up. I haven't even got a computer at home never mind the internet! This is a deliberate policy of mine. For me 4 to 6pm GMT will be ok, I'll keep my window open around this time if anyone wants to chat.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited September 10, 2002).]

Comment

If you get into the room and no-one's there, just keep the window open for a while, someone might show up. I haven't even got a computer at home never mind the internet! This is a deliberate policy of mine. For me 5 to 6pm GMT will be ok, I'll keep my window open around this time if anyone wants to chat.

Well we did show up and Joy, Andrea and myself had quite a long and entertaining chat - must say though that talking to so many people at once can be complicated! No wonder Opera was invented!

------------------
                'Man know thyself'
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

I too enjoyed our chat last night. I was lucky to be able to get to our PC while my husband has a monopoly on it. The only times I get to use it is when he's at work or when he actually gets up and leaves the PC for whatever reason. Maybe I'll play one of my opera CDs so loud that I'll only turn it off if he gives me some time at the PC. Since my husband isn't really an opera fan, this just may work. Ah, blackmail...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
                    Maybe I'll play one of my opera CDs so loud that I'll only turn it off if he gives me some time at the PC. Since my husband isn't really an opera fan, this just may work. Ah, blackmail...
                    Or he might just start liking opera.

Comment

If you get into the room and no-one's there, just keep the window open for a while, someone might show up. I haven't even got a computer at home never mind the internet! This is a deliberate policy of mine. For me 5 to 6pm GMT will be ok, I'll keep my window open around this time if anyone wants to chat.

Peter, Andrea, and I did have a fun chat. It is a bit confusing when everyone talks at once but we all sorted it out. I'll try to make an appearance this morning. Time to invest in a home computer, Rod. can't believe you don't have one!

Comment

Rod. can't believe you don't have one!
                        Don't want to succumb to the temptation of spending my life stuck behind a monitor Joy. Depends where your priorities lie - no computer, but the best CD collection!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited September 10, 2002).]

Comment

Chat Room

How did the chat room project go Peter?
                          I think this must have been before I was a member.

‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                            How did the chat room project go Peter?
                            I think this must have been before I was a member.

Goodness how time flies, that's 10 years ago now Megan - it didn't really take off as there wasn't a great demand as far as I'm aware. I'll move this thread into the General forum where it really belongs.
                            'Man know thyself'

Comment

I'd go for it, but couldn't promise any particular time slot.

Comment

Working...
                              X