New Chat Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter:
    I downloaded both - I didn't seem to have an option - anyway it seems to work, though there was no one there! I suggest Rod as many people were having a problem with this that you mention it is best to download the program.

Well I sort of suggested downloading both above, but I'm always logging on in the hope of catching someone. You must have just missed me if you tried this morning.

I suggest we have an agreed time whereby those who want to chat can meet up. It will have to be late GMT to cater for our ex-colonial friends. About 8 pm GMT.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited September 05, 2002).]
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

I downloaded both - I didn't seem to have an option - anyway it seems to work, though there was no one there! I suggest Rod as many people were having a problem with this that you mention it is best to download the program.

I wonder why you had to download both unless you have the voice program already. Oh, well, we're in now.

Joy

'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Rod, how come each time I go to Yahoo I have to sign in my ID and password. I checked the ID box to remember my password but it doesn't seem to help? What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
          Rod, how come each time I go to Yahoo I have to sign in my ID and password. I checked the ID box to remember my password but it doesn't seem to help? What am I doing wrong?
          Yes the remember function doesn't seem to work, I have the same problem. It's not a big deal though is it. If u think you'll forget it write your log-in details down somewhere.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
            Yes the remember function doesn't seem to work, I have the same problem. It's not a big deal though is it. If u think you'll forget it write your log-in details down somewhere.

Thanks, Rod. I don't mind writing it down each time. No, it's not a big deal at all, just thought I would ask in case I could use it. Thanks again!

Joy

Comment

Thanks, Rod. I don't mind writing it down each time. No, it's not a big deal at all, just thought I would ask in case I could use it. Thanks again!

Joy
              ok, but what do you think about the agreed meeting time idea? we could have 2 times. Say around 10am GMT and 7 or 8pm GMT. Or is any other time better?

------------------

Comment

ok, but what do you think about the agreed meeting time idea? we could have 2 times. Say around 10am GMT and 7 or 8pm GMT. Or is any other time better?

What could be better than GMT?

On weekdays I think I'll give the later option a go and see who materialises on my screen!

------------------
                'Man know thyself'
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

What could be better than GMT?

On weekdays I think I'll give the later option a go and see who materialises on my screen!

I wasn't talking about the time zone, nothing is better than GMT, I was taking about what time we should have to meet. I can do between 7pm and 8pm GMT, but much later will eat into my Tavern time. How does British Summer Time affect things? Is this GMT +1hr?

------------------

Comment

I wasn't talking about the time zone, nothing is better than GMT, I was taking about what time we should have to meet. I can do between 7pm and 8pm GMT, but much later will eat into my Tavern time. How does British Summer Time affect things? Is this GMT +1hr?

Now I'm getting confused. Isn't London 8 hrs. ahead of Phoenix? If it is, then 10:00am your time I'm still in bed! That's 2:00am my time. The 7:00pm to 8:00pm is better for me as it's 11:00am to 12:00 noon here, if I have it right, may not. We'll get in straightened out one of these times. Weekdays is better. Have you talked to anyone yet?

Joy

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited September 08, 2002).]

Comment

Now I'm getting confused. Isn't London 8 hrs. ahead of Phoenix? If it is, then 10:00am your time I'm still in bed! That's 2:00am my time. The 7:00pm to 8:00pm is better for me as it's 11:00am to 12:00 noon here, if I have it right, may not. We'll get in straightened out one of these times. Weekdays is better. Have you talked to anyone yet?

Joy

I agree 7-8pm GMT is best and weekdays definitely - I will try to put in an appearance!

------------------
                      'Man know thyself'
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

I agree 7-8pm GMT is best and weekdays definitely - I will try to put in an appearance!

Me too, but, is GMT the same as London time?
                        If not, I'll miss it by an hour according to my calculations.

Joy

Comment

Joy

You'll figure out pretty soon joy.

Comment

Joy

It is the same as it stands for Greenwich Mean Time - (Greenwich is a London suburb). However we also have British summer time which Rod mentioned and I think we may be one hour ahead at the moment - clocks go back an hour in october!

------------------
                            'Man know thyself'
                            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Not so. The UK is currently 1 hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time, as we are in British Summer Time (although you wouldn't know it by looking out of the window.....).

And, er, don't start the conversation without me.

Comment

Have you talked to anyone yet?

Joy
                                I've talked to Andrea twice and Chaszz once. So it all works thats for sure. I'll try to be around between 7 and 8pm GMT BST tonight if the internet cafe's set-up allows the chat window to function (something that is not guaranteed!).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited September 09, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                                X