New Chat Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter:
    It doesn't seem to get beyond 'logging in to chat room' when I try it.

MANAGED TO LOG ON YET PETER?

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      MANAGED TO LOG ON YET PETER?

Haven't had time yet Rod - I'd be at this damn PC all day long! I'll try again tomorrow morning.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Just tried it again and same thing - I don't think I'm the only one having problems, I know Joy is as well!

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Just tried it again and same thing - I don't think I'm the only one having problems, I know Joy is as well!

It must be a software problem for you guys. Read the chat help link, may be something to do with java.

------------------

Comment

I recommend you download and install 'Yahoo Messenger'. It's free and under some circumstances necessary for chatting according to Yahoo.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
              It must be a software problem for you guys. Read the chat help link, may be something to do with java.

Well I checked my Java settings and they are Ok. Any ideas Chris?

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

It may have something to do with your security settings being too strict. Check those in Internet Options (assuming you are using Internet Explorer). Also, make sure you are not confusing Java with JavaScript, because, oddly enough, they are not related in any way whatsoever.

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited September 02, 2002).]

Comment

I downloaded and installed Yahoo Messanger as Rod said and it did work. Thanks.
                  'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Haven't had time yet Rod - I'd be at this damn PC all day long! I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Good luck peter! my old PC does the same thing to me....well one time I was bout to throw the PC out of my bedroom window.

Comment

I tried to enter the BRS Chat Room and Yahoo asks me to download two programs: Yahoo Chat and a Voice transmission program. If I don't want to hear any sound and only see the written text, can I download only Yahoo Chat and reject the other one?

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
                        If I don't want to hear any sound and only see the written text, can I download only Yahoo Chat and reject the other one?
                        I suppose you can, though I'm not certain, but you may as well download both in my opinion. I doubt you'll hear anything anyway.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
                          I tried to enter the BRS Chat Room and Yahoo asks me to download two programs: Yahoo Chat and a Voice transmission program. If I don't want to hear any sound and only see the written text, can I download only Yahoo Chat and reject the other one?

I only downloaded the one program not the voice transmission program and I got in.
                          Try it that way and see.
                          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Hey, Rod, what happened to your photo from the chat forum? Did someone threaten you to remove it? I'm waiting for your replacement photo. Be brave...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
                              Hey, Rod, what happened to your photo from the chat forum? Did someone threaten you to remove it? I'm waiting for your replacement photo. Be brave...
                              Well, your remarks made me remove it! I'm a sensitive chap don't you know? I'll consider a replacement at my long leisure.

See, now you've spoilt it for all the other ladies!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:

I only downloaded the one program not the voice transmission program and I got in.
                                Try it that way and see.
                                I downloaded both - I didn't seem to have an option - anyway it seems to work, though there was no one there! I suggest Rod as many people were having a problem with this that you mention it is best to download the program.

------------------
                                'Man know thyself'
                                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                                X