New Chat Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Chat Room

Members will de delighted that they are now able to chat away to their hearts content about our beloved B. Thanks to Rod we now have this additional facility. Check it out at
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/chat.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited August 28, 2002).]
    'Man know thyself'

Originally posted by Peter:
    Members will de delighted that they are now able to chat away to their hearts content about our beloved B. Thanks to Rod we now have this additional facility. Check it out at
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/chat.html

I seem not to be able to join, something about my e-mail accounts not being authorized to do it. What should I do, you guys have my e-mail adress.
    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
      I seem not to be able to join, something about my e-mail accounts not being authorized to do it. What should I do, you guys have my e-mail adress.
      Your hotmail address should be fine. My own has been accepted by the Yahoo group. You have to verify your email address - there is an element of the registering procedure whereby you send yourself an auto-email to your chosen address. this email has a link in it that you press which returns you to the enrolement procedure. This is how your email address is verified. It is designed I suppose to keep out trouble makers. Keep trying!

I recommend that everybody registers now even if they do not want to chat because the temporary forum will be at this same yahoo group if it is required again in the future, and you will need to register to send posts.

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
        Please note from my experiece you will have to wait a while before you receive the verifying email at your address, It does not come immediately you press the 'send' button. I think I had to wait about 15 minutes.

------------------

Comment

The biggest incentive for you guys to register is that you'll see my mug shot with a mean Beethoven scowl on it in my members profile!

------------------

Comment

I joined today but it took about 45 min. before it would accept my Austrian e-mail address. But I can happily say that now I'm in like Flint.

Rod, I checked out your photo. Interesting...My photo choice is of my oil portrait of Beethoven that was painted by the same artist who painted the portrait of Jock Ewing that you would see hanging on the wall at Ewing Oil in the series Dallas.

Looking forward to when it's ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
              I joined today but it took about 45 min. before it would accept my Austrian e-mail address. But I can happily say that now I'm in like Flint.

It's ready to go now - it just needs a lot more people to join, which will happen, I have faith in you all!!

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:

Rod, I checked out your photo. Interesting...My photo choice is of my oil portrait of Beethoven that was painted by the same artist who painted the portrait of Jock Ewing that you would see hanging on the wall at Ewing Oil in the series Dallas.

Interesting? ...INTERESTING??? I confess the picture does me no justice but that was half the reason I put it there. However I think selecting a picture of Beethoven instead of yourself is cheating! Let us see how 'interesting' you look Andrea!

If you click on the 'chat' link it is already fully functioning. The trick is to get people together at the same time to chat, not always an easy task.

I'll have the chat window open today on my computer so log on and you might chatch a piece of the real thing!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited August 29, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:

I'll have the chat window open today on my computer so log on and you might chatch a piece of the real thing!

Hey, someone log on to the chat NOW, I want to see if it works even if u do not want to chat with me!

------------------

Comment

Hey, someone log on to the chat NOW, I want to see if it works even if u do not want to chat with me!

It works, thanks to those who logged on!

------------------

Comment

It's ready to go now - it just needs a lot more people to join, which will happen, I have faith in you all!!

Why thank you very much peter!

Comment

It works, thanks to those who logged on!

Who've you been chatting to Rod?

------------------
                        'Man know thyself'
                        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Who've you been chatting to Rod?

Andrea and Chaszz. We talked about the merits or otherwise of Bach and Wagner and also my mugshot, which has not been received well.

------------------

Comment

Andrea and Chaszz. We talked about the merits or otherwise of Bach and Wagner and also my mugshot, which has not been received well.

It doesn't seem to get beyond 'logging in to chat room' when I try it.

------------------
                            'Man know thyself'
                            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Sometimes the log-on fails from my experience. And my name does not show up. In this case sign off, and quit your browser for a while. then Try again. It always work for me.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited August 30, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                              X