• Show
Clear All

Film music composer James Horner killed in plane crash, aged 61

Tragic.

http://www.classicfm.com/composers/h...31tJRc46wAA.97
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Yes, he wrote many fantastic scores. His music for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is one of my favorites, and he did that while he was still in his 20s!

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Yes, he wrote many fantastic scores. His music for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is one of my favorites, and he did that while he was still in his 20s!

RIP
      At a totally different forum I contributed to a thread asking for peoples' personal favorite Sci-fi films. I chose Wrath of Khan to top my extremely short list. I'm not overly fond of most Star Trek franchise films, but consider Khan an out and out masterpiece of its kind and yes, James Horner's music contributes to its virtues. Another Horner scored film, Willow, is in my opinion underrated an one of my favorite fantasy films. Bucking convention, I prefer it to Peter Jackson's Tolkien work. Don't take me wrong. The Jackson films have some 'very' good moments. But as something of a LotR purist I find some of Jackson's alterations both off putting and unnecessary. At any rate Horner will indeed be missed.
      Last edited by Decrepit Poster; 06-28-2015, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I love Willow too. Definitely underrated, and another fine Horner score.

Comment

Thanks for the above posts; I was trying to recall if Horner had done work on some of the Star Trek films. Again, I agree on Willow; that's another one I have to watch again soon.

Comment

Working...
          X