No announcement yet.

How does your Garden grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter, is it ok to use skimmed milk with water to spray on the roses? Does this actually inhibit the spread of black spot?
    ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
      Peter, is it ok to use skimmed milk with water to spray on the roses? Does this actually inhibit the spread of black spot?
      I should think it would be the same, it's the alkalinity of the milk that provides an environment Blackspot doesn't thrive in - it won't eliminate it but you should get less defoliation than you would otherwise.
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

My roses are doing well and the hydrangea is flowering now. It is interesting the way it is flowering- a top bunch is pink and the lower ones are the violet blue they came up as last year.
        My raspberry bush has berries ripening.I'd better not eat those though, as I have just come back from the local supermarket and seen a big fat RAT running in my garden and go through next door's fence.
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
        Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
          My roses are doing well and the hydrangea is flowering now. It is interesting the way it is flowering- a top bunch is pink and the lower ones are the violet blue they came up as last year.
          In strongly acid soil (pH below 6), flowers turn blue. In alkaline soil (pH above 7), flowers turn pink or even red - mine are a beautiful blue, courtesy of Vitax Hydrangea Colourant.
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Well mine seems happy Peter! Its flowers at the top have grown bigger now and are a violety pink colour; the lower ones are more blue in shade. I'll have to post a photo!
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Harvest

I ate the potatoes out of the grow bag yesterday- they were little 'uns- all white and clean. Steamed them and tossed them in a salad. Tasty!

The Raspberry bush is not a Raspberry bush but a Blackberry!!! I bought it from the pound shop 2 years ago labelled as a Raspberry. It was growing berries and some were darkening and my Mum saw them and said-" that's a Blackberry bush."

It has no thorns so that is what puzzled me- I noticed the berries were soon darkening from red.It has grown the fattest hugest juiciest Blackberries I have ever seen and tasted! Just ate them..

A well spent pound I'd say.

The rest of the crops never grew. Oh well!
              Ludwig van Beethoven
              Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
              X