Forum members rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum members rights

Do members of a forum (not this one) have legal rights if the admin there wont delete a profile. I have asked for my membership to be removed from a particular forum as I no longer wish to be associated with it, but admin there is just playing silly games and is refusing my request.
    🎹

I doubt it, particularly if your forum profile cannot be connected with your real identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      I doubt it, particularly if your forum profile cannot be connected with your real identity.
      Where would I stand if he says he will reveal my email and IP address on the forum?
      🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
        Where would I stand if he says he will reveal my email and IP address on the forum?
        Goodness me what a nasty bit of work! That isn't on Megan. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I wouldn't know how to deal with this either.
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
        Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Maybe this will be of use to you:

http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/campaign/
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Sounds a dreadful forum Megan, you're doing the right thing leaving it and I hope it works out.
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
              Sounds a dreadful forum Megan, you're doing the right thing leaving it and I hope it works out.

Thanks Peter, It is an awful forum, It is Scottish and mainly for Scots expats. I don't normally venture into the unknown taking risks, it goes to show you have to be careful on the internet. I requested admin to delete my membership last year and discovered that he still hadn't. So I made another request where they continued to refuse and play silly games, threatening to reveal my ID, I started flooding their forum with posts that was irrelevant, in the hope that it would force them to ban me, but they continued with their silly immature banter. I threatened them with legal action, and complained to their website provider. Things have calmed down now and they have deleted my posts and my profile. Thank God! I will never do that again, they did seem a rough lot, they probably thought I was a bloke by the language they were using .
              🎹

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
                Thank you Aeolian, that is a very useful site.
                🎹

Comment

Thank you Aeolian, that is a very useful site.
                  You’re welcome Megan. Glad things had a positive outcome.
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

It sounds like you have all this worked out now, but for future reference, I still don't think he could get in any trouble for revealing your e-mail address or IP address. But it wouldn't really be that bad if he did. I'm sure every spammer already has your e-mail address, and if anyone else e-mails you you don't want to hear from, you can easily block them. As for your IP address, I doubt you have a static one anyway, so that information wouldn't do anyone too much good anyway.

Comment

Yes, I guess you are right about emails Chris, My Hotmail/Outlook account was once hacked into and my email address was being used by a spammer, which was of course reported. In general I keep Hotmail because it has the blocking facility, but gmail isn't as easy to block spam, though you can filter spammy messages, I don't think it works that well. I still get rubbish coming through.
                      So far there has been no comeback or nasty emails in my account. So hopefully they wont be troubling me again.

On the subject of emails Chris, the email I originally used to join this forum is no longer in use , so do I need to change it?
                      Last edited by Megan; 03-15-2015, 07:00 PM.
                      🎹

Comment

On the subject of emails Chris, the email I originally used to join this forum is no longer in use , so do I need to change it?
                        It would be a good idea, since if you ever need to recover your password, you need a working e-mail address associated with your forum account.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          It would be a good idea, since if you ever need to recover your password, you need a working e-mail address associated with your forum account.
                          Ah yes, thanks, I shall go ahead and do that.
                          🎹

Comment

Working...
                          X