Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pig who sang to the Moon

Pigs love music!

Pigs are very much like us in so many way, they even dream and see in colours

When you really get to know pigs you will be pleasantly astounded at what remarkable animals they are. It may very well surprise you that Pigs like music.

There is yet another remarkable story of a very sensitive pig told in the preface of The Pig who Sang to the Moon, where Jeffrey Masson gives account of a remarkable pig who lived on a beach in New Zealand. Piglet as she was called was immaculate, well mannered, sensitive and intelligent friendly to everyone. Famous in her locality she was popular amongst school children who liked to sit at her side and give her tummy a rub. She enjoyed music, in particular the violin, especially on the beach at night when there was a full moon.

"One of her guardians took a picture quite recently of her making the sweetest sounds during a night of the full moon, as if she were actually singing to the moon. The picture of Piglet singing is photographic evidence of her special affinity for music, water, night and moon.

It is another reason to believe that many animals — pigs foremost among them — may have access to feelings that humans have not yet known. Perhaps if we listen carefully enough to the songs that Piglet and her cousins sing at night to the moon, we may yet learn about emotions that could bring us a new and utterly undreamt-of delight. "
    http://www.think-differently-about-s...ls-%20Pigs.htm
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Pigs are wonderful animals, the cleanest of the farm animals. Nice story.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
      Pigs are wonderful animals, the cleanest of the farm animals. Nice story.

They are! I met a few pigs yesterday at an historic house that is a museum ( it has big grounds)- they also have ponies, sheep, goats and cows. The pigs were so full of character and one of them was hilarious- had me doubled over in laughter!
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
      Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

The only close dealings I had with pigs was when I was a kid and fell in the pigsty at our local friends farm in Scotland. I was standing on the wall and of course fell trying to feed them, my sandals came off in all the sludge and I scurried to get out leaving my sandals behind. I think the pigs were more frightend than I was. The farmers wife very kindly gave me a pair of shoes to go home in.

We used to tease the bull in the barn and pull his tail and made him bellow, he was tethered of course.
        Last edited by Megan; 04-20-2014, 03:24 PM.
        ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Working...
        X