Beethoven in jeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven in jeans

No....prefer his eighteenth and nineteenth century clothes!

http://fineartamerica.com/products/r...art-print.html

Much better:

http://fineartamerica.com/products/l...art-print.html
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

I haven't owned or worn jeans since 1989. Don't care for the shabby look. All I wear anymore for past 12 years are Dickies 874 work pants. They look good and last a long time. All navy blue.
    "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
    --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

The punk style dude picture depicting Beethoven wearing ripped jeans looks ridiculous, because the actual head is of an older, more distinguished gentleman that wouldn't be seen dead in such trashy apparel, the piano with wings is plain silly. I have read that Beethoven looked a bit unkempt at times, but not to the point of looking completely torn and ragged.
      It's the kind of thing you would see at cheap market stalls. I wouldn't give $2.00, let alone $22.00.
      Last edited by Megan; 04-10-2014, 07:08 AM.
      ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
        I haven't owned or worn jeans since 1989. Don't care for the shabby look. All I wear anymore for past 12 years are Dickies 874 work pants. They look good and last a long time. All navy blue.
        You sound very smart Harvey.
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

The punk style dude picture depicting Beethoven wearing ripped jeans looks ridiculous, because the actual head is of an older, more distinguished gentleman that wouldn't be seen dead in such trashy apparel
          LOL you say it like it is Megan! Very true hehe....

the piano with wings is plain silly
          I agree- what's the point of that?!

I have read that Beethoven looked a bit unkempt at times, but not to the point of looking completely torn and ragged.
          True- windswept more likely from his walks! And look at him when he was in his 30s! He looks great in the earlier portraits- really smart.

It's the kind of thing you would see at cheap market stalls. I wouldn't give $2.00, let alone $22.00.
          Yeah it is not worth 2p really!
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
            You sound very smart Harvey.
            I attribute it to my wife. When we got married she said that she didn't like the way blue jeans looked and preferred I not wear them. It seemed like good advice and I am glad to have followed it. She is very smart for sure. I try anyway.
            "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
            --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

What would men do without nagging women Harvey?
              You're dear wife has good dress sense, not like some young ladies about town who wear next to nothing, leggings with short skirts with rolly polly bottoms , and tattoos.
              Last edited by Megan; 04-10-2014, 04:52 PM.
              ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                I attribute it to my wife. When we got married she said that she didn't like the way blue jeans looked and preferred I not wear them. It seemed like good advice and I am glad to have followed it. She is very smart for sure. I try anyway.
                A wise lady indeed Harvey...
                Ludwig van Beethoven
                Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                  What would men do without nagging women Harvey?
                  You're dear wife has good dress sense, not like some young ladies about town who wear next to nothing, leggings with short skirts with rolly polly bottoms , and tattoos.
                  Oh Megan you made me laugh out loud! Too many of those women with roly bottoms going about in leggings and no skirts or dresses over them- it looks vile! Leggings are meant to be like tights! I wear them under some nice tunic style dresses in colours that match, wouldn't dream of going about in them the way these women do! And don't get me started on those wretched skin tight jeans...urgh...hope flares come back in soon!!!
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
                    Oh Megan you made me laugh out loud! Too many of those women with roly bottoms going about in leggings and no skirts or dresses over them- it looks vile! Leggings are meant to be like tights! I wear them under some nice tunic style dresses in colours that match, wouldn't dream of going about in them the way these women do! And don't get me started on those wretched skin tight jeans...urgh...hope flares come back in soon!!!
                    Yeah, I love snazzy flares! I wear long skirts too.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                      Yeah, I love snazzy flares! I wear long skirts too.
                      That is my apparel too!
                      Ludwig van Beethoven
                      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

What do you think of this?

http://tincaart.com/home/wp-content/...3728757342.jpg
                        Fühle was dies' Herz empfindent, reiche frei mir deine Hand, und das Band das uns verbindet, sei kein schwaches Rosenband! (J.W.von Goethe)

Comment

He's very handsome.
                          Ludwig van Beethoven
                          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I like that, but the Beatles

Comment

well, probably because of Roll Over Beethoven! maybe the artist thinks he finds it catchy, who knows...

Seriously he should have a fan shirt of Händel though.
                              Fühle was dies' Herz empfindent, reiche frei mir deine Hand, und das Band das uns verbindet, sei kein schwaches Rosenband! (J.W.von Goethe)

Comment

Working...
                              X