Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
      Or a Mozart one!
      Ah, yes, I agree!

Or perhaps,

Last edited by Megan; 04-10-2014, 07:48 PM.
      ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
        Ah, yes, I agree!

Or perhaps,

That's cool- where'd you get that Megan?

I like this picture of him too:

http://www.beethoven-haus-bonn.de/si...=i947&_seite=1
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

And this:

http://www.beethoven-haus-bonn.de/si...=1511&_seite=7
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

A wise lady indeed Harvey...
            Yes and I am blessed to have her.

Originally posted by Megan View Post
            What would men do without nagging women Harvey?
            You're dear wife has good dress sense, not like some young ladies about town who wear next to nothing, leggings with short skirts with rolly polly bottoms , and tattoos.
            And she didn't even have to nag on the blue jeans, I was happy to get rid of them.

Ah yes, skimpy clothing, tight clothing, not good for male or female, attractive or not. Clothing should be modest. Dresses are fine, but I would never tell a woman she must wear a dress since I think pants are more practical--maybe a Scotsman would tell me otherwise though.

One of the reasons I like the 1978 Bernstein conducted Fidelio DVD is that all the costumes are modest and the entire production wholesome as I believe Beethoven meant it to be. Sad how some opera companies can corrupt such a great opera with seedy avant-garde productions.
            Last edited by Harvey; 04-10-2014, 10:08 PM.
            "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
            --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Yes and I am blessed to have her.
              Sweet! She probably thinks the same about you.
              And she didn't even have to nag on the blue jeans, I was happy to get rid of them.
              Hehe.

Ah yes, skimpy clothing, tight clothing, not good for male or female, attractive or not.
              Yes, fashion is so skin tight now- looks awful on anyone.

Clothing should be modest. Dresses are fine, but I would never tell a woman she must wear a dress since I think pants are more practical--maybe a Scotsman would tell me otherwise though.
              I don't like overt clothing myself- less is more! Well I prefer dresses myself these days, seeing as trousers are so disgusting right now. I like flares though, much more flattering.

One of the reasons I like the 1978 Bernstein conducted Fidelio DVD is that all the costumes are modest and the entire production wholesome as I believe Beethoven meant it to be. Sad how some opera companies can corrupt such a great opera with seedy avant-garde productions.
              Yes, Fidelio is a wholesome work and about loyalty, love and justice- provactive clothing is wrong for his opera.
              Ludwig van Beethoven
              Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I prefer dresses myself these days, seeing as trousers are so disgusting right now. I like flares though, much more flattering.
                The problem is that it is nearly impossible to find decent women's clothing, shirts or pants. And then the pants are not all that practical, with pockets too shallow so things fall out.
                "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
                --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                  The problem is that it is nearly impossible to find decent women's clothing, shirts or pants. And then the pants are not all that practical, with pockets too shallow so things fall out.
                  At the moment yes- the cuts and materials are appalling. I buy from charity shops and find much nicer stuff there and way cheaper too! And the money goes to a cause- my favourite one is the local animal rescue charity shop.
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
                  X