Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivaldi 336th Birthday

Happy 336th birthday, Vivaldi!

Antonio Lucio Vivaldi, nicknamed il Prete Rosso because of his red hair, was an Italian Baroque composer, Catholic priest, and virtuoso violinist, born in Venice. Wikipedia

Born: March 4, 1678, Venice, Italy

Died: July 1741, Vienna, Austria
    ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

I do like many of Vivaldi's religious choral works very much.
    "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
    --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

I went to see a performance of his Four Seasons last year, with a talk on it beforehand- was really good! Happy birthday Vivaldi!
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
      Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you, Herr Vivaldi, from Vienna, Austria.

Here is an article about a similar fate that Vivaldi shared with Mozart from "The Vienna Review": http://www.viennareview.net/on-the-t...vivaldis-bones

I remember trying to find Vivaldi's grave site way back in 1990 until I finally found the stone marker on the wall of the Vienna Technical University (as seen in the above Vienna Review article). Sad indeed.
        "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

A very interesting article, indeed.

Comment

Vivaldi

When I hear something on the radio that I can't quite place but I do like it, it is usually something by Vivaldi.

Comment

Working...
            X