Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Queen's official composer: youngsters are ignorant of classical music because of 'eli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen's official composer: youngsters are ignorant of classical music because of 'eli

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...-attitude.html

Well I am working class ( OK I have got a bachelor's degree but still..) and it isn't elitist to me...

Oh dear read one person's comment:

It seems to me that in Germany, things are even more dramatic than in the UK. Not only the young people, but also the public music schools are more and more ignorant towards classical music! I am a lyric singer and voice teacher (primarily concentrating on opera, lied and sacred music). After having finished my vocal studies here in Vienna, I tried to get an employment as a voice teacher at some German music schools. However, they were not at all interested in my application, arguing that there would be no inquiries and young people would absolutely not be interested in classical singing and opera! This is indeed a very concerning situation!

But also here in Vienna, the famous city of music, music teaching is declining! It is really conspicuous that even at the Viennese Opera House, young singers are coming more and more from Eastern Europe (and just from the poorest countries!), from Asia and only very rarely from Germany, Austria, Italy or the UK! This is clearly the result of more than two decades of ignorance in Western and Southern Europe and it's indeed an alarming state!

Germany who gave us Beethoven and Vienna his musical home....Ach mein Gott!!!
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

I can recall a former culture secretary, Margaret Hodge describing the proms as elitist. The BBC of course probably agree which is why we are beginning to see pop infiltrate what was a bastion of classical music. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the double standards -I wonder if those at Glastonbury would approve of a Beethoven symphony slotted into their festival?
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

I wonder if those at Glastonbury would approve of a Beethoven symphony slotted into their festival?
      Imagine that!
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
      Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Working...
      X