The touch of a key.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The touch of a key.

I'm looking for a term to describe the feeling you get when pressing a keyboard key. Thinking it can be "touch", I search Google with "touch of a key" ("touch key" would refer me to a technical term), and then, page after page, I find references to Black Keys and their hit Touch. But nothing except that! How many times I look for a word or expression in Google and it just matches the name of some pop band or composition, making the search impossible! And wikipedia? Every little, insignificant rock band has its article! What a nuisance rock music is! We live in a world where all cats are gray. Everything in the name of equality!

You also have the added nuisance of references to a keyboard that is non-musical, such as for a computer. The word "press" can also be used for touching a keyboard, such as "pressing the keys".

Comment

For certain. No, Sorrano, I mean the way the key responds to the preassure you exert on it.

Comment

Sometimes the word "action" is used, since the action of the keyboard determines how it feels when you press a key.

Comment

I was about to use that word in a post I was writing but was not sure. Thanks for clarifying, Chris.

Comment

Working...
          X