Staccato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staccato

One hour at practicing staccato in double notes, I find really tricky with all the note changes, I get mental fatigue.
    ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

I'm not surprised, an hour is too long Megan! Is your teacher asking you to do this? Is it a passage in a piece or scales?
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      I'm not surprised, an hour is too long Megan! Is your teacher asking you to do this? Is it a passage in a piece or scales?

It's an Etude given in the exercise book I am working on.
      I set myself an hour to practice this as I don't feel half an our or less is enough. I like practicing early morning when I don't get disturbed.
      I'll try and load a picture of the piece.
      Last edited by Megan; 01-16-2014, 07:00 AM.
      ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Hope you conquer it soon Megan. Alas, I cannot plonk about on my old Cecil at the moment due to eczema.
        Ludwig van Beethoven
        Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
        Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
          Hope you conquer it soon Megan. Alas, I cannot plonk about on my old Cecil at the moment due to eczema.
          Thanks, It's coming along a bit easier now.
          I've got to practice F major scale for two octaves, coming backwards can be tricky, but I am getting the hang of it. I'm pleased I worked it out on the Right hand, without my tutor telling me.

Comment

Progress indeed Megan!
            Ludwig van Beethoven
            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
            Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
              Thanks, It's coming along a bit easier now.
              I've got to practice F major scale for two octaves, coming backwards can be tricky, but I am getting the hang of it. I'm pleased I worked it out on the Right hand, without my tutor telling me.
              A good tip for fingering is to remember where the 4th finger goes as it only occurs once in the octave (though there are a few exceptions when it is used at the beginning but that note isn't part of the 123 1234 grouping).
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thanks Peter, Yes the fourth finger hits the B♭key. It's good to memorize the grouping. I'm getting the hang of it now. I aim to gain a bit more speed though.
                Last edited by Megan; 01-21-2014, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X