Computer crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer crashing

I'm having problems with my PC constantly crashing - I mean sometimes 3 times in a day and I've no idea why - any thoughts from anyone on what to do? The computer is about 7 years old which I appreciate by today's standards is ancient but surely that can't be the cause?
    'Man know thyself'

Check your event viewer. (That is in the control panel under Administrator tools.) It's likely that you might have a component failing and the event viewer may give you some ideas.

Comment

Thanks Sorrano - I've come up with system error 7035 and the advice I've found is to restore computer to an earlier time but I'm not sure how far to go back or what this will do?
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
        Thanks Sorrano - I've come up with system error 7035 and the advice I've found is to restore computer to an earlier time but I'm not sure how far to go back or what this will do?
        I wonder if you had a patch from Microsoft that didn't quite work. The purpose of using that restore is, of course, to put you back before the latest patches. If you do not update regularly, then there is another issue. Patches are usually available on Tuesdays, but there was not any this week that I am aware of.

However, it may be more related to an app you are running. The app might be outdated and a patch could have been the fault. I found the following as describing your error message:

Error Code 7035
        System error code 7035 means "The application attempted to enable DOS graphics mode. DOS graphics mode is not supported." This error code may also display as "ERROR_CTX_GRAPHICS_INVALID" or as the value 0x1B7B.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
          I wonder if you had a patch from Microsoft that didn't quite work. The purpose of using that restore is, of course, to put you back before the latest patches. If you do not update regularly, then there is another issue. Patches are usually available on Tuesdays, but there was not any this week that I am aware of.

However, it may be more related to an app you are running. The app might be outdated and a patch could have been the fault. I found the following as describing your error message:

Error Code 7035
          System error code 7035 means "The application attempted to enable DOS graphics mode. DOS graphics mode is not supported." This error code may also display as "ERROR_CTX_GRAPHICS_INVALID" or as the value 0x1B7B.
          Many thanks for the suggestions Sorrano - I have windows XP and it's set for automatic updates. I think you're right about an App - the event that comes up there, 1002, is to do with my printer - Brother brlog. Could this be causing the problem as I don't use it that often?
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

You could uninstall the printer, see what happens, and reinstall it. It helps, too, to be aware of what you are doing when the crashes occur.

Comment

OK I'll try that, but also on start up I get these error messages:
              RUNDLL error loading: C:\program~1\MYWEB~1\bar\2.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL

Also sometimes : Server busy - This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

It looks like this could be from a program called My Web Search. A detailed help is below. If you did not install this program, then you might just want to remove it from Add/Remove Programs. Otherwise, take a look at how to restore it. This is from http://en.kioskea.net/faq/4855-error...-m3plugin-dll:

Hopefully I can help everyone get rid of this annoyance. First of all, the DLL is from My Web Search. If you are/were happy with the program, reinstall it at: http://download.mywebsearch.com/. Once you have reinstalled it, all of the error messages should go away.

First, uninstall the My Web Search option from Add/Remove Programs

1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
                2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs
                3) Find "My Web Search" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.

My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable)
                My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)
                My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)
                My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)
                Search Assistant - My Way

4) Reboot your Computer and run HijackThis. It can be downloaded here for free: http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...HiJackThis.exe

5) With HijackThis, scan for and fix any of the entries shown above that may be remaining.
                6) Next, open My Computer, Drive C, and double-click on the Program Files folder
                7) Right-click and delete the folders for:

FunWebProducts
                MyWebSearch

8) MyWebSearch should now be completely uninstalled from your computer.
                9) There will be some minor registry entries left behind by the uninstall, however these can be cleaned up by running SpyBot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE or left alone.

Comment

Working...
                X