I'm considering the possibility of creating a blog,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm considering the possibility of creating a blog,

a thing I've never done before. The fact is that seeing how badly my own language is being treated by some of its speakers, I'd like to have a site where people who learned Spanish as their mother tongue and have the "pruritus" of purism in language as I have, can communicate with each other. Perhaps not purism but at least a desire to avoid gross grammatical mistakes, which in some people have been incorporated into the common usage, or that the use of which, on the part of them, is tending to transform barbaric ways of speaking into the norm (I think the term barbarism exists in English in reference to gramatical errors). Perhaps part of this phenomenon is due to the enormous influence the English language is having onto my own one, in particular via the US Spanish-speaking neighbours.

Be that as it may, I've made up my mind to have a blog of my own, and I know there are people in the BRS who have had some experience doing analog things... well, I thought perhaps I would be able to profit from their experience. Let it be clear that I have zero experience in these matters, save for some experience as a computer programmer. I would rather like better to post in some already created forum, a forum dedicated to those things, but I do not know any. That's all.

ADDENDUM: perhaps, in my ignorance of what a blog really is, what I am looking for is to create a forum, I mean a place where everybody is has the same rights to post. I've read wikipedia's article about blogs, but I must still digest it.

There is a site that I find easy to work with to start a blog. It is at:

http://www.wordpress.com

I don't know much about blogs, but I found this one easy to use.
    - Susan

Comment

You are an angel, Susan. Thanks a lot.

Comment

How are things progressing with your blog Enrique?
        ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Working...
        X