The Edit button.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Edit button.

I have a question of a rather technical nature. I'm writing a post and, after seeing it is to my entire satisfaction, I press the Submit New Thread button. However, though it can already be being watched by aonther user, I am able to modify the post contents. I just press the Edit button, make my modifications, and resend. But the Edit button will not be there forever; at a given time after the original submition, it will disappear.

My question: how long do I have available, to modify my post, after the first submission? At linuxquestions.org, another Vbulletin forum, this time is greater than 340 hours.
    Last edited by Enrique; 09-14-2013, 03:05 AM.

I think Chris set the limit at 24 hours, but I'm not sure except it was for a good reason!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Yes, 24 hours I think. You used to be able to edit them after any amount of time, but I changed it after we had some problems with users going back and deleting the contents of all their old posts, playing havoc with many threads.

Comment

Oh, yes, there is people like that. I mentioned linuxquestions.org 'cause it seems to me a serious place. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Working...
        X