Composer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Composer Quotes

‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

It would be nice to have the original German words, Megan.

Comment

Richard Strauss:

"I may not be a first-rate composer, but I am a first-class second-rate composer."
      ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Another from Johann Sebastian Bach .

Ich habe flessig sein müssen. Wer es gleichfalls ist, wird ebenso weit commen
        I have had to work hard. Whoever does as much, will get as far.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
          Another from Johann Sebastian Bach .

Ich habe flessig sein müssen. Wer es gleichfalls ist, wird ebenso weit commen
          I have had to work hard. Whoever does as much, will get as far.
          A perfect example of modesty! Actually with truly great people that is a quality most have in common - Beethoven - "The true artist has no pride; unhappily he realizes that art has no limitations, he feels darkly how far he is from the goal, and while, perhaps he is admired by others, he grieves that he has not yet reached the point where the better genius shall shine before him like a distant sun."
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            A perfect example of modesty! Actually with truly great people that is a quality most have in common - Beethoven - "The true artist has no pride; unhappily he realizes that art has no limitations, he feels darkly how far he is from the goal, and while, perhaps he is admired by others, he grieves that he has not yet reached the point where the better genius shall shine before him like a distant sun."
            Hmm, are we sure that was really said by Beethoven? And not by his groupie Bettina Brentano? It all sounds a bit too "flowery" for our brusque bovver-boy from Bonn, no?

Comment

Working...
            X