Browser Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser Issues?

Firefox works pretty good with this forum but I have frequent issues with Chrome, getting a message of "no data received". Sometimes it fixes itself with a page refresh, but not always. When I go back to Firefox I there does not seem to be any problems at all. I do use Firefox as my default browser, but elsewhere I do use Chrome a bit.

I use Chrome as my default browser at home, and I've never had any problems with the forum.

Anyone else use Chrome?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      I use Chrome as my default browser at home, and I've never had any problems with the forum.

Anyone else use Chrome?
      Yes - I've found it the quickest and least fussy of all.
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

It may be firewall issues or overall connectivity issues (at work). However, when pages do not load on Chrome I do not seem to have any problems loading them on Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
          It may be firewall issues or overall connectivity issues (at work). However, when pages do not load on Chrome I do not seem to have any problems loading them on Firefox.
          I've always found Firefox much slower than Chrome - yes there are occasional problems, but they're rare for me.
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I ran into one that could have been much more serious. With Chrome or any other browser I never log in my google account except to check mail, but a friend wanted to show me something he had on his account, so he logged in on Chrome. His account hijacked and replaced all my browser settings, and although he logged out, the next time I opened Chrome I was automatically logged into his account with all his bookmarks and settings. I never set browsers to remember passwords; that is usually one of the first things I turn off on a browser, but this could have been pretty bad for my friend. I was able to root his account out but had to reconfigure the browser to my previous settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
              A couple of weeks ago I ran into one that could have been much more serious. With Chrome or any other browser I never log in my google account except to check mail, but a friend wanted to show me something he had on his account, so he logged in on Chrome. His account hijacked and replaced all my browser settings, and although he logged out, the next time I opened Chrome I was automatically logged into his account with all his bookmarks and settings. I never set browsers to remember passwords; that is usually one of the first things I turn off on a browser, but this could have been pretty bad for my friend. I was able to root his account out but had to reconfigure the browser to my previous settings.

Gosh, that does sound complicated Sorrano.

‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                Gosh, that does sound complicated Sorrano.

One problem of trying to make software applications make things easier is that there is too much anticipation as to what the user will do next and as often as not it's not the right task. The auto-correct is a good example; how often do you type something and send a message only to find out that one of the words was "corrected" to something you did not intend?

Comment

Yes, software is becoming a little too clever for my taste these days.

Comment

Working...
                  X