• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linguistic doubt.

The user has
    to tell what symbols belong to each key. She can find the keycode for a
    key by use of showkey(1), while the keymap format is given in
    keymaps(5) and can also be seen from the output of dumpkeys(1).
    This is from the documentation of an operating system (IT). Why has the user to be a woman? Is it a feminist trait?

What gender is the author?

Comment

I was taught that when you don't know if it's "he" or "she" you can use "they".
      Here's an example:
      "If your partner is thinking about taking counterpoint lessons, they can get good advice from this website."

Sorry not to have posted much recently, I've just been too busy. May I assure you all that any promises I have made on this forum will be respected (i.e. counterpoint corrections, latest Beethoven articles, etc.), though a bit late!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
        What gender is the author?
        That can't be known. But it's not the first time that I read something so. The omnipresent "he/she" I know and have the thesis that it comes from legal practice. The next step will be to assign the feminine gender to God.

@Quijote: good to know you're back.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
          That can't be known. But it's not the first time that I read something so. The omnipresent "he/she" I know and have the thesis that it comes from legal practice. The next step will be to assign the feminine gender to God.

@Quijote: good to know you're back.
          There seems to be a lot of gender confusion around here, anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X