No announcement yet.

Teachers' Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh help! Our UCM (Union of Catholic Mothers) Christmas do is coming up on December 14th, and everyone has to do a party piece. I have decided to play a few pieces on the violin. So I have chosen a few very easy pieces , I am going over at the moment , O Come All Ye Faithful, O Little Town of Bethlehem, and Dance With Joy, which I can play quite well.
    I might add another carol if I am feeling bold, perhaps a couple of glasses of wine to start with will calm my nerves. If I don't do it now, then I never will.

🎹

Comment

Good luck, Megan!

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
        Oh help! Our UCM (Union of Catholic Mothers) Christmas do is coming up on December 14th, and everyone has to do a party piece. I have decided to play a few pieces on the violin. So I have chosen a few very easy pieces , I am going over at the moment , O Come All Ye Faithful, O Little Town of Bethlehem, and Dance With Joy, which I can play quite well.
        I might add another carol if I am feeling bold, perhaps a couple of glasses of wine to start with will calm my nerves. If I don't do it now, then I never will.

I'd skip the wine till after if I were you - it reminds me of a very fine organist friend (he was once the organist at York Minster, but sadly is no longer with us); he was rather in the habit of over indulging and on one occasion was playing 'hear comes the bride' from Lohengrin - unfortunately she was in a coffin!
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
          I'd skip the wine till after if I were you - it reminds me of a very fine organist friend (he was once the organist at York Minster, but sadly is no longer with us); he was rather in the habit of over indulging and on one occasion was playing 'hear comes the bride' from Lohengrin - unfortunately she was in a coffin!

Oh dear, I am sure more than one would put me under as well, Peter!
          🎹

Comment

Music Teacher/Student Activities

I found a few sites with some cool activities for music teachers/students.

The design your own Opera is pretty fun, even as an adult.

http://creativekidseducationfoundati...html/handg.php
            http://www.classicalchops.org/

If you have other sites that you would like to share, please let me know!

Thanks,
            L

Comment

Working...
            X