No announcement yet.

Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And tomorrow I have guests coming. On the menu : Beef Wellington (in French, Boeuf en croûte). We shall debate the merits or otherwise of eating sentient animals as we tuck in to this most tender of filets.

Comment

Someone needs to remind me not to read this thread before lunch when Philip is posting. It's enough that I naturally get hungry without any prompting.

Comment

My neighbours are redecorating their apartment and have asked me to cook for them tomorrow. No problem : spicy köfte (Turkish meatballs) in equally spicy tomato-salsa sauce and rice; entrée : bruschetta.
        In the evening (when my wife and daughter return from the Black Forest) : chicken pie with broccoli and peas. Both of the above are Jamie Oliver recipes.
        Lunchtime your end, Sorrano? Add "salivating" icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
          My neighbours are redecorating their apartment and have asked me to cook for them tomorrow. No problem : spicy köfte (Turkish meatballs) in equally spicy tomato-salsa sauce and rice; entrée : bruschetta.
          In the evening (when my wife and daughter return from the Black Forest) : chicken pie with broccoli and peas. Both of the above are Jamie Oliver recipes.
          Lunchtime your end, Sorrano? Add "salivating" icon.
          I do have to learn not to read these posts at work! They tend to get mad at me for having to replace keyboards that got drooled on. For certain, I am going to have to google these recipes.

Any suggestions for tomato recipes? Last night I had to pick all the tomatoes I could as there is a hard frost coming tonight.

Comment

Speaking of not seeing clearly, I was looking for James Oliver recipes, not Jamie Oliver. Sheesh!

Comment

As I mentioned on the "What are you listening to...", I had a 3-day solo weekend in the Black Forest. Apart from the Brucknerthon I subjected myself to, I also had my first game of the season : venison medallions (small fillets of deer steak) in rich red wine sauce.
              Also had a wiener schnitzel, but not at the same time!

Comment

That sounds good!

Comment

For dinner today, I cooked cumberland sausage, with apple sauce, baked potato, sprouts and carrots, gravy. A very rare occasion for me to eat sausage, but we are fortunate to have an excellent butcher in the village, who sells all local produce.
                  Tomorrow the 11th, I will be dining out as a treat for my birthday.
                  Last edited by Megan; 11-10-2011, 03:47 PM.
                  ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Nice day for a birthday (especially this year)! Hope you have a great one and enjoy the dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                      Nice day for a birthday (especially this year)! Hope you have a great one and enjoy the dinner!
                      Yes, a palindrome this year, 11/11/11.

Thanks for your kind wishes Sorrano. It's good to be 21 again!
                      ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                        For dinner today, I cooked cumberland sausage, with apple sauce, baked potato, sprouts and carrots, gravy. A very rare occasion for me to eat sausage, but we are fortunate to have an excellent butcher in the village, who sells all local produce.
                        Tomorrow the 11th, I will be dining out as a treat for my birthday.
                        Happy Birthday - have a wonderful day Megan!
                        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Happy palindrome birthday, Megan!

Comment

Many thanks Peter and Chris, I had a wonderful time out, Lunch with the family was fab, no cooking , no washing up. Must watch the waistline for Christmas though.

Comment

Well Megan, a belated Bah, tardy hippy to you (anagram). As this is the "Food" thread, some of us might be interested to know what victuals you gobbled for your birthday dinner treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                                Well Megan, a belated Bah, tardy hippy to you (anagram). As this is the "Food" thread, some of us might be interested to know what victuals you gobbled for your birthday dinner treat.

Hanky Out
                                Philip.

I chose Something called, POLLO MILANESE, which comprised:-
                                Milanese-style pan-fried chicken breast covered in Grana Padano and lemon zest breadcrumbs served with roasted new potatoes & onions, green beans and a tomato & basil sauce.

And for dessert- Warm chocolate fondant with a melting chocolate centre served with mascarpone & vanilla cream.

Comment

Working...
                                X