• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megan View Post

Hanky Out
    Philip.
    I chose Something called, POLLO MILANESE, which comprised:-
    Milanese-style pan-fried chicken breast covered in Grana Padano and lemon zest breadcrumbs served with roasted new potatoes & onions, green beans and a tomato & basil sauce.

And for dessert- Warm chocolate fondant with a melting chocolate centre served with mascarpone & vanilla cream.
    Cor! You've given me a good idea for the weekend! Shouldn't be too difficult for me to recreate. Thanks, I'm always open to ideas.

Comment

Cor = French for Horn. Remember that scene from the BBC Eroica film when Beethoven returns from getting the elbow from his bint (French: "nana"), the widow Deym? "Horns!" he shouts, at the right moment during the 3rd movement. Such timing!
      Anyway, regarding food, you noticed how Beethoven (in the film) implored Liebkowitz to feed the orchestral musicians? As I said elsewhere on this forum, there is no musician on earth who does not enjoy his/her victuals. You can't expect an orchestra to play on an empty stomach, for Christ's sake!

Comment

I didn't opt for Megan's Pollo Milanese, finally. I'll keep that back for another time. Today, I'll be cooking a Chinese dish: Ragoût de poulet aux châtaignes (chicken ragout [stew] with chestnuts).

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
          I didn't opt for Megan's Pollo Milanese, finally. I'll keep that back for another time. Today, I'll be cooking a Chinese dish: Ragoût de poulet aux châtaignes (chicken ragout [stew] with chestnuts).
          Sounds a lovely choice Philip !

🎹

Comment

Yes, wasn't half bad. The recipe I followed didn't call for garlic or chilli, and these items were missing, to my taste buds.

Comment

The Holy Grail of foie gras

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6301715.stm
              🎹

Comment

Working...
              X