Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What mistakea to makea!

Man jailed for Stradivarius violin theft at Euston

Maughan admitted to stealing the Stradivarius violin Continue reading the main story

The burden of a precious instrument
    Station 'theft' of £1.2m violin
    Thieves take £1.2m Stradivarius
    A man has been jailed for four and a half years for stealing a £1.2m Stradivarius violin at Euston station.

John Michael Maughan, 30, of no fixed address, and two boys, aged 15 and 16, took the instrument from a Korean-born classical musician, Min-Jin Kym.

The 16-year-old was detained for 10 months. The younger boy will be sentenced at a later date.

Maughan and the boys, from Tottenham, admitted to the theft at Blackfriars Crown Court in March.

The violin and a £62,000 Peccatte bow were taken on 29 November 2010 when their 32-year-old owner went to a sandwich shop outside the central London station.

They have not been recovered.

The court heard the thieves were spotted in an internet cafe in Tottenham, north London, trying to sell the violin to a man sitting next to them for £100.

I am speechless!

Last edited by Megan; 04-08-2011, 05:38 PM.
    ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

That would make someone sick, indeed!

Comment

I'd have given them 150 for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        I'd have given them 150 for it!
        To late, it's all mine !
        Last edited by Megan; 04-08-2011, 06:35 PM.
        ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Working...
        X