Movies Watched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies Watched

Just saw "Source Code" - superb scifi film - very intelligent, snappy dialogue. Recommended. If you liked "District 9" then you'd probably like this too.

Also saw "Sucker Punch" - awful, felt violated afterwards.....stay away
    The Daily Beethoven

Originally posted by Ed C View Post
    Just saw "Source Code" - superb scifi film - very intelligent, snappy dialogue. Recommended. If you liked "District 9" then you'd probably like this too.

"Source Code" got some very good reviews in the Sunday Times. I think I'll wait for the Blu-Ray. Since I got a big telly, I've given up on our local cinema which has crap sound and charges ten euro (especially if the film is in bloody 3D!)
    It sounds a lot like "Inception" which I did see in the cinema.

Comment

I actually liked it a good deal more than Inception. There are similarities but it never occurred to me that they were similar while watching it.
      The Daily Beethoven

Comment

It's a rare thing these days for me to be interested in any new movie, so much trash is out there, but because of its local interest for me I did drag myself along to see the remake of 'Brighton Rock' which was a lot better than I was expecting considering the classic Richard Attenborough version it had to live up to.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

I recently watched a movie on Netflix which I thought was quite good - "Dances With Wolves". It does have good meaning about the tragic genocide committed against the American Indians.
          - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

I haven't watched it yet, but a friend (yes, I have several, gasp!) lent me a DVD of a Russian film whose title in English has been translated as The Edge. Apparently, it's about poor white trash Russians and racing locomotives, would you believe? I hope to watch it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed C View Post

I actually like SciFi, but it has to be really good. By "good", I mean films such as 2001 S.O., Alien (1), District 9 (EdC, we have a point in common, but let's not slap our backs just yet, though I wanted to employ the phrase that The Wolfman used in Pulp Fiction; please, do NOT repeat what the Wolfman said in Tarantino's film) and so on. By poor SciFi I have to say I mean films such as Star Wars and their ilk.
              Two recent SciFi films that I have seen are : a) Moon; b) The Cargo. I'm afraid these are the titles given to the DVDs here in France, so they may be titled differently in your countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                It's a rare thing these days for me to be interested in any new movie, so much trash is out there [...]
                I think this applies to all forms of culture, even though there is in fact a genre of the plastic arts that goes under the "trash" sobriquet. Sometimes I get the Guardian Review here in Strasbourg on a Saturday, and even more rarely the Observer on Sunday. I am simply flabbergasted at the number of publications that I will never have the time to read, let alone "serious" film releases to see here in France. I have enough problems keeping abreast of new music, for the love of Ludwig!

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                  I recently watched a movie on Netflix which I thought was quite good - "Dances With Wolves". It does have good meaning about the tragic genocide committed against the American Indians.
                  Yeah, I've seen that too, Preston. Quite liked it, though I have no idea how historically accurate it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                    Yeah, I've seen that too, Preston. Quite liked it, though I have no idea how historically accurate it was.
                    Yes, it is a well done and thought out movie. I do not know how accurate it is either. Though, I think they put a lot of work into making it as accurate as they could - you can just kind of tell that by the depth of the movie. I do know they worked with several of the national Indian organizations.

Actually, I would like to read up on this movie. Will be back later if there is any good information, .
                    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Got the Blu-Ray of "Terminator 2" yesteday and thoroughly enjoyed it. One of my all-time favourites and the first real use of CGI, which doesn't look too dated in high definition. Great pace and excitement which is something "Avatar" could have used, for all its dazzling effects.

Comment

Working...
                      X