Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

having trouble with the forum permissions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    That's entirely possible. IE isn't very good, and often fails to conform to standards. I imagine it's a bug they accidentally introduced and will fix in a future update. Though I would use Firefox or Chrome. Chrome is particularly nice, and it's my current browser of choice.

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words about the forum.
    Chris, have you tried the IE9 Beta? It seems to have some major improvements. Any thoughts?

Also, you are most welcome, .
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      I've noticed!!

No problems and thanks to Chris for his excellent technical whizardry!
      Of course, I would have spelt it "wizardry", but you are surely making a play on words, in that Chris is pretty fast at all this technical stuff, hence "whiz".

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
        Now that is ironic!
        Keep laughing, Sorrano, keep laughing ...
        Suddenly, I feel a new sketch coming on. I feel it is time to cast you as a character on the receiving end of Beethoven's wrath. Please allow me a little time as my inspiration "brews" ...

Comment

Looking forward to this one! Or should I say froward?

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
            Chris, have you tried the IE9 Beta? It seems to have some major improvements. Any thoughts?
            No, but it isn't the features (or lack thereof) that bothers me about Internet Explorer. Sometimes the only way to improve is to just start over from scratch and redesign the whole system in a way that better targets modern issues. Any software that has been around a long time can suffer from this, even Firefox to some degree. That's why I'm liking Chrome - it's newly designed from the ground up for the kinds of things we are currently expecting of browsers. And that really comes across in the speed and simplicity of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              No, but it isn't the features (or lack thereof) that bothers me about Internet Explorer. Sometimes the only way to improve is to just start over from scratch and redesign the whole system in a way that better targets modern issues. Any software that has been around a long time can suffer from this, even Firefox to some degree. That's why I'm liking Chrome - it's newly designed from the ground up for the kinds of things we are currently expecting of browsers. And that really comes across in the speed and simplicity of it.
              I tried Chrome and liked the speed very much - however I didn't like its lack of compatability with Norton so settled for Firefox (which is slower) but I'm happier with security issues.
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
              X